top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading in '08 for newer vehicle w/ less expensive payment while in Ch. 13? Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading in '08 for newer vehicle w/ less expensive payment while in Ch. 13? Anyone?

I'm currently 1.5 yrs into my 5 yr chapter 13 plan. My current vehicle payment is in the low $700 which will be payed off by December 2015. This payment is not included in my chapter 13 payment, I pay this separately. Ill still be in the chapter 13 plan once the vehicle is payed off (about a year or do) and the difference won't be added to the payment plan, which is good for me. I did not purchase the extended warranty at the time of purchase and now due to mileage/yrs on vehicle and financial situation I'm not able to purchase manufactures extended warranty, stupid me!. I've had many problems (a/c leaks, damaged camshafts, water leaks, electrical, steering, ect.). Now my alternator is going out ($300-600+ for part, w/o labor cost). What I'd like to do is to trade in my vehicle for a new vehicle WITH EXTENDED WARRANTY and a LESS EXPENSIVE PAYMENT. I currently have approximately $6-8k equity in my vehicle. Does anyone think that the trustee would allow this since its not in the plan and The payment will likely be less then what I'm currently paying. I'm current on my chapter 13/vehicle payments and Ive never missed a payment.

All replays are greatly appreciated!

Probably will get permission from the courts alright. However, the interest rate will be extremely high!!!

Comment

Yeah that's exactly what I thought in regard to the interest rate.

Comment

Wow, you got a lemon, and for the price(?) OUCH!!!

I have no experience in this, but am following the thread as I am in a CH13 and may buy a car in the next year.

Good luck.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I'd call it a first year model. But considering my other two cars are Japanese with nearly 200k problem free miles, it sure does feel like a lemon!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X