Fresh out of Chap 13, successful car loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh out of Chap 13, successful car loan

Just wanted to share my story. Going into Chap 13, a little over three years ago, we got a car loan through Santander at an interest rate that I don't even want to think about cause it was that bad. It got us through the Chap 13 and we were discharged in February. Just decided to go out and see if we were able to get financed and get rid of the Santander car. We went to a Toyota dealership, they said, after checking three places, the best they could do was 15 percent, which was still better then we had. We went home and for the heck of it, tried Capital One Blank Check and we're instantly approved for 10 percent. Still not great, but at least this was better then the dealer offered. So we called the dealer and told them, waited for the check to get FedEx'd and headed to the dealership the next day. I assumed they would just use the blank check, but no, the finance lady says, oh you don't have to worry about that, I called our bank that had you approved at the 15 percent and told them and they just matched the rate and dropped you to 10 percent. She didn't even get a glance at our paperwork or anything, so how did she even know I wasn't lying, and how on earth she managed to just call and tell the bank to drop our rate, I'll never understand, but that's what happened. I realize 10 percent still isn't wonderful, but it's so much better then the Santander rate and we feel like this was the best thing for us, as the car is a 2011 Camry that we got for $15,000, with only 30,000 miles on it. Our car payment went down approximately $100 a month, whew! So there is hope for financing right after getting out of a bankruptcy!

Great news!

Comment

Congrats! Whats your credit score?
      Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
      Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X