Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota 0% Financing

Hi all,

Less than 12 months from CH 7 discharge and I just secured a Prius at 0% financing for 60 months. Without a mortgage payment (I rent now), it feels good to have an affordable installment loan that will help rebuild my credit for the future. Plus, no more costly repairs on my 6 year old car. Just wanted to let people know that Toyota may work for you. I was surprised that it was approved so soon after CH 7. I expected a higher rate.

Best of luck to everyone here.

Do you know what your FICO or FAKO is?

What does the rest of your credit look like?
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I bought my second Toyota about a year after discharge and had no problems. I had reaffirmed one during my BK. Toyota is pretty awesome to work with. Even if your score is close enough sometimes they'll bump you up. I bought from the same dealership so they didn't really care much what my credit score was. I think I was a few points away from the top tier, but the BK really was a non issue for them.

Congratulations on the new car. Hope you enjoy it. Toyotas are great cars.

Comment

Originally posted by TXskyblue View Post
        Do you know what your FICO or FAKO is?

What does the rest of your credit look like?
        I've only run my credit reports. Still haven't seen my true "FICO". I did see my Equifax score and it was 710. At the dealer, I wasn't presented the credit they ran but I noticed the paper as the finance guy filed it. I think it was 725. So, I guess that's my "auto-enhance" score or whatever they call it. The rest of my credit is good. I'm not sure if it influenced things post-Ch7 but I had prisitine credit before and never defaulted or was late on secured debt (numerous paid-off cars, mortgages on-time, etc etc).

Comment

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
          I bought my second Toyota about a year after discharge and had no problems. I had reaffirmed one during my BK. Toyota is pretty awesome to work with. Even if your score is close enough sometimes they'll bump you up. I bought from the same dealership so they didn't really care much what my credit score was. I think I was a few points away from the top tier, but the BK really was a non issue for them.

Congratulations on the new car. Hope you enjoy it. Toyotas are great cars.
          Thank you! I love it!! The gas mileage is amazing. I'll save so much there. I agree about Toyotas. We've had 3 and they were all incredibly reliable. Like you, I also reaffirmed during CH7 (we had one Corolla already paid off but I had a 4Runner that I reaffirmed through TFS). Just one more milestone post CH-7. And, while I have more years left on my loan now, my actual payment is $150/month less than before.

Comment

Originally posted by overthedebt2 View Post
            Thank you! I love it!! The gas mileage is amazing. I'll save so much there. I agree about Toyotas. We've had 3 and they were all incredibly reliable. Like you, I also reaffirmed during CH7 (we had one Corolla already paid off but I had a 4Runner that I reaffirmed through TFS). Just one more milestone post CH-7. And, while I have more years left on my loan now, my actual payment is $150/month less than before.
            When I bought mine they matched my previous payment. Toyota seems a lot more willing to work with you than other manufacturers. I thought maybe it was just a dealership thing, but maybe it's more of a manufacturer thing.

Comment

I have a Toyota that I had during my BK filings. Never a problem with them, and they have reported my payments during my BK proceedings to the credit bureau.

Comment

Toyota is great! I had a 682 experian FICO from Myfico in May. Toyota pulled an auto enhanced 689. I got the 0 percent on a Prius and was thrilled! I was about 1 1/2 years after discharge. Toyota extends 0 percent to tier one and two credit. This site helped steer me in their direction. I love the car too! Saving tons on gas having a hybrid!

Comment

Did Toyota offer a rebate in lieu of the 0% financing? A lot of times it better to pay interest and get your car cheaper. My .02. Yay on your new car.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X