4 months out of BK & was successful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 months out of BK & was successful

I just wanted to give some advice and hope for car buying after bankruptcy. I filed bankruptcy and was discharged 7-4-2013 from Chapter 7. Prior bankruptcy I was 807 credit score but a house forced me to file and get rid of bad debt due to economy and housing market.

I went yesterday and was approved through Alley Financial at 13.8% interest rate on 72 months (4 months out of BK). The car was listed at $19,900 and was $17,300 out the door (gap insurance included) after hours of negotiations. Before anyone attacks me for interest I have cash to pay the car already and am financing for 6 months to further raise my credit score.

My credit score was a 588 and again I am 4 months out of BK discharge and was approved at 13.8% interest rate for 72 months. I plan to pay off quickly and just help my credit score to be prepared in 2 years for another home purchase.

My financials were again 588 credit score and I make about 90k year. I wanted to post this to give others hope since I have spent hours of research on this site after filing chapter 7 and maybe give others hope. I also want everyone to know if I didn't have the cash to pay off I wouldn't have purchased but I did this to help my credit and prepare for a house payment down the road.

Hope my thread bring some hope and knowledge as I received from others! Good Luck

Oh btw I also bought my car for less then trade in value and hooded out for the perfect deal!

2008 Ford Edge Limited for the wife was the car FYI

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X