Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's National City Mortgage Co?

Reputable? ... Gal thought there might be 'something' haha

ps--Another bank already advised us to wait another 10 mos. No problemo.

Don 't even think about National City Bank. They and their subsidiaries mortgaged our home and their appraiser inflated our home value so that we could get a higher mortgage. When we got in trouble, we found out the home was worth half of the mortgage amount. They are aggressive subprime lenders and dishonest as well.

Comment

I had a mortgage with National City in the past, never had any problems with them. They are a main stream "brick and mortar" bank in the mid-west. I heard that they were up for sale or trying to merge, which isn't necessarily bad. You may have better luck going to a broker though who can "shop" your loan around and has many loans available to choose from, rather than going to a bank who has to make the loan fit into the bank's guidelines.
      chap 7 discharge 06/07

Comment

National City is still rockin

a bit surprised- on the wholesale side they were a bit risky during the boom

Comment

National City is not doing so well - take a look at this:

Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by paula61 View Post
            Don 't even think about National City Bank. They and their subsidiaries mortgaged our home and their appraiser inflated our home value so that we could get a higher mortgage. When we got in trouble, we found out the home was worth half of the mortgage amount. They are aggressive subprime lenders and dishonest as well.
            ??? Isn't that why this country is in the mess we're in?

Please show me a mortgage company that didn't accept an inflated appraisal prior to 2007.

You need to blame your real estate agent more than your lender.

Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X