No announcement yet.

how long ,on average do we have to wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have 30% down, you will be able to get conventional financing so long as a bank is willing to lend.

When I spoke to a mortgage broker recently, there are really only 3 things available

If you have less than 10% down, you can ONLY do FHA (which means you need good credit).
    If you have 10+ % down, you can get some conventional bank financing (meaning Fredie and Fannie stuff).
    If you have 20% down or more, you can get conventional bank financing outside of the federally backed programs.

(of course, all this assume halfway descent credit)

Comment

HHM so if we had say 20% down plus closing costs plus backup cash in bank with mid score of 720 or so but had a BK on report and foreclosure after BK but not on report could we get a loan? I thought Fannie/Freddie were strict on the 4 year BK rule, FHA appears they will use foreclosure date? So to get a in house loan do I just start calling local banks and seeing who offers these types of loans? I called navy Fed and another credit union in san Diego and they both use Fannie/freddie guidelines.
      Thanks
      Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
      341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X