Yes it is possible.. >2 yrs out of ch13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is possible.. >2 yrs out of ch13

Hey everyone just wanted to let you know homes can be purchased less than two years out of BK. I am so excited I am waiting for a water report so the closing date can be set. A little insight..I filed ch 13 12/06 and was discharged about 8/07 (paid my way out). Anyway I worked hard on my credit...first premier, etc.
    The Builder filed BK, one of the new houses was held by his trustee we liked. I noticed the sighn in the yard said home qualifies for 100% well I called and lady ran my credit (transunion was saying scores were low to mid 600's) well the lady said my beacon scores were around 700 and one was over 700. I was like what a difference in the "beacon score". Anyway the lady qualified me and sent a letter to realtor, then the mortgage co said they need 7,000 in closing. I was like no way. So my realtor gave me another guys name and I called him. He got me into a Farmers home loan with no money down, 5.5% rate locked with one float down before closing, no PMI, 2,400 closing cost. Closing to roll back into the loan for 100% due to house value. He did have a letter of exception done because of my beacon scores being so high.

House was originaly 325,000 and the trustee was asking 259,900. I offered 244,000 and got it. I am so excited, all reports have been done, just waiting on water report for mortgage company.
    I never would have thought it. So it shows the work paid off...guess its all in the scores.

Congratulations!

There is hope for us BKers after all!

Good for you!

Whens the housewarming party?

Comment

congratulations!!! what state are you in? Also can you tell me who you got your loan through?

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is good to know. Maybe you can tell us the bank you went with AFTER the closing ;)

Comment

I am around Raleigh, North Carolina. I'll let you know on the bank.

Comment

Thank you!

This makes me wonder that if in certain states it is easier than in others to get financing for a home after a BK

Comment

I am also in NC, Lender that I know said that he could do a Chapter 7 after 2 years and Chapter 13 sooner than that. I am in the real estate business and have been sending them people to get qualified. It seems a lot easier to get a home loan after BK than a auto loan. The interest rates on the home loan are based of credit scores not the BK at this lender. I think that instead of a Farmers loan PO Man is talking about a USDA loan, where you are able to get 100 percent financing. This is a federal program not a state program. Correct me if I am wrong. You have to been in a rural county, you can check on the USDA website to see if the home you are looking at qualifies. A lot of NC does.

Comment

I might be moving to NC after the BK then.

Seriously, though, I have ALWAYS wanted to live in NC and would love to move.

Comment

PheobeKnowsBest,

Do you know if any of the people who are using the lender you mentioned had a foreclosure included in the bankruptcy? We're in the Greensboro/High Point area, and we're currently renting a home that we really want to buy. We have a two-year lease, but when our lease is up, though it will be over 2 years past our BK (March '08), our former house wasn't foreclosed until October '08. My income has since doubled what I was previously making, and we only have a car loan as debt. I think we'll do everything we can to get that paid off within the next 24 months.

Anyway, if you have any info from that lender in regards to a foreclosure that was included, I'd appreciate it.
                  11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
                  01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
                  03/12/2008 - Discharged
                  03/21/2008 - Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X