How much time before the kick me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much time before the kick me out?

We were discharged 2 months ago. I did not reaffirm, but was not behind on payments either. I have been paying all the payments on-time after the discharge, but am thinking of stopping this month and saving my money for the up coming move. How long do you think I can stay in this house before the bank catches up with me and tosses me out??? I heard up to a year, but I don't buy that... please, anyone, what do you think? Thanks!!!

I have not paid since the April payment. I just got the letter starting the required 60 day timer this past week. Even then they still have to evict me. So I'm figuring earliest they could legally punt me out is early December. But I'm assuming it will be after new years before that happens.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

depends on where you're at... in NV it's been running a year

Comment

Well that sounds good,,, I am in Indiana, so it looks like,,, 6 months min.. and maybe up to a year?? My case is discharged, but not closed.. wonder if that is an issue?

Comment

nope, separate issue... you're good

Comment

We're also in Indiana and considering the same avenue (walking away from non-reaffirmed mrtg). I'm pretty sure when we bought our home in 07 the house behind ours was in foreclosure. It was empty for more then 2 yrs Now, I do not know the details of the foreclosure, but I'm 99.9% sure that had to be what was going on with it as it is now a rental of some investment co. 2+ yrs is a longggggggg time to stay in a house rent/mrtg free!!! If we knew we could be guaranteed a yr here payment free it might make walking away a little easier
            Filed 8/2009
            Discharged & Closed 11/2009
            Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

I'm in Florida. This month will be the one year mark since we haven't paid our mortgage, however we did make three "trial payments" while trying to get our loan modified. Modification was denied though. Just sitting tight saving money for a rental...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X