Has anyone tried Naca for a mortgage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Naca for a mortgage?

I recently learned of naca. There program sounds awesome. They are a non-profit organization and sounds like they might be able to help people like us buy a home again and/or restructure your existing loan to help make it more affordable. Does anyone have experience with them?

I've been wondering the same thing.

I did email them asking them a few questions but did not hear anything back from them.

We're still in our home (and paying every month) but would like to sell this place and buy another one ASAP, so I was hoping they (NACA) may be able to help in our situation
    Filed 8/2009
    Discharged & Closed 11/2009
    Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

From what I have been able to find out from them they require 2 years after BK discharge. Not sure what their requirements are for foreclosure.

Comment

We worked w/NACA and were offered a 3.25% mod through BofA. The mod was directly through the lender, but I think our NACA affiliation (and what I learned on Loansafe) is what got our loan the attention it needed for the mod. We decided to walk anyways, but we were able to negotiate a mod sucessfully.

Comment

Hi! I don't post often anymore, but just happened to see this post about NACA. My husband and I tried them and long story short, after going through their class, volunteering at one of their events, and going all over town and spending hours on the phone--NOTHING!!! We had to sell our home through a short sale in addition to doing a Chapter 13 BK and turns out the short sale was the problem. They never bothered to be honest with us. We were in that program for a year while renting a dump and finally said to heck with them. We are now renting a nicer place and will hopefully be able to buy in another couple of years. Hope your experience with NACA is different, but I don't have much confidence in them and neither do most of the realtors in my area. jane
          Filed: 2/24/2006
          341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
          Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

has anyone had sucess through USDA. I was told by my local office that they will approve it but I need a lender. I'm in Indiana

Comment

I am not sure that I have post on this board before but we are giving NACA a shot. FHA requires 3 yrs foreclosure. NACA requires 2 yrs post foreclosure and post BK. This month we are 2 yrs post BK and 2.5 yrs post foreclosure.

We went to the buyers workshop.

We went to our one on one session.

I volunteered today.

I have to fax in a bunch of stuff on Monday. We uploaded all our info before our one on one and it didn't work so our bank account statements and such were not there.

Our counselor has been very nice. I remain hopeful but skeptical. The big thing I see and so far the counselors at the Tampa office have been upfront about is they are swamped with more work than possible to do so the more YOU remain active and push for your loan. This is not a loan officer than is going to make thousands on closing your loan KWIM. If the drive was not an hour and a half away I would be there personally hand over the paperwork into the office.

Now we will see if we actually get the green light to house shop. Like I said I remain hopefully but skeptical.

They are saying they are working with us to get through the process for the first time home buyer tax credit.

Tammy

Comment

check out this web story..
                Chapter13
                100% unsecured/secured payback
                "WAITING FOR DISCHARGE" DONE!

Comment

I've read about more bad results than good. Such as:

Like the banks, they don't return calls and can't give any answers if you do manage to get a hold of your counselor.

Once you sign up with them, the bank will only communicate through them, so the consumer is left wondering and hanging.

You must make an appointment to speak with your counselor, so you do that, sit at home waiting for that call at 2:15 on any weekday, and they never call. So you reschedule and so on...

Bank finally sends them a mod agreement, but they never forward it to you, so you miss the deadline for acceptance and have to start all over again.

No personal experience, just have read about others.
                  All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

My husband and I is in talk with someone about the USDA...several community in my area has told us about...once I see how it work I will let everyone know...after 18 months deal with NACA..anything have to be better..

Comment

NACA is real bad....my hubby and tried it for 18 month and nothing...now I have a family member who suppose close with them in Sept. and another att he end of the year. I will let you all know if this work...but for me and mines NO WAY...too much jumping through hoops for just crackers with no cheese....

Comment

Comment

Nops,

I haven't tried Naca's programs. But now after reading your post it looks like they are offering the best services. Can you share some more details for their programs?
                          Home Mortgage Loan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X