I filed 7, DH didn't, but we were both on the deed of the foreclosed house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I filed 7, DH didn't, but we were both on the deed of the foreclosed house

I filed ch 7 in 7/09, dh did not file. I was the sole borrower on the mtg, but dh's name was also on the deed. It was immediately foreclosed/sheriff's sale was 10/09. BK discharged 1/10. Mtg shows IIB on my credit report. I'm trying to find somewhere where I can look up my public records for free, just to see what it says, but my guess is it shows us both having been foreclosed upon. I'm working hard to have my BK wiped from my credit report. (we're both working hard on our credit via credit boards dot com)

So, my questions are thus:

1. If there's nothing on the CR to flag the U/W will they still do a public records search? Either in the case of me getting the BK wiped, or in the case dh has no BK and no record of a mtg.

2. If they always do a public records search, is there even the option to have a new mortgage in only dh's name, or does the fact that he was also on the deed make him just as bad as me in terms of being financed?

I am a SAHM with almost no income, so financially it would work w/just dh applying, btw.

Thanks
    Jessica

bump

Comment

The issue is not with the credit report. The issue will always be with what is asked on the mortgage application and the disposition of property report. If you try to get a mortgage within the next 2-3 years, the mortgage app asks for a minimum of a 2 year residence history; and will ask what came of that property. The county records will tell the mortgage underwriter that the property was foreclosed.

As for removing the BK, there really is no legitimate, permanent way to do that unless there is some mistake in how the BK is reported on your credit report.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X