BOA Short Sale and Deed in Lieu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOA Short Sale and Deed in Lieu

Since I was wide awake at 3:00 am this morning, I decided to do some research on the Deed in Lieu, Short Sales and other ways to legally get title of my home out of my name. I did find that BOA actually has processes/procedures for each. Of course you have to qualify. Check these out, in many cases as I have read on the forum, many of you may be able to jump ship, legally with clear title and no foreclosure on your public record, making a new purchase in the future a little easier.

Google your bank and DIL or Short sale and see if your lender has a department to handle it promptly, I found BOA say's up to 6 months to complete.

Avoiding a public auction of your home and lessening the impact on your credit may be some of the benefits of choosing a deed in lieu of foreclosure vs. an actual foreclosure. Find out if a deed in lieu of foreclosure may be an alternative for you.

My first and second are with BOA and both were discharged in my BK. I am on a ride-through, but will be relocating out of state soon, so I am looking to dump the place. Unfortunately, I don't think I would qualify, but I intend on finding out.

I also found this blog that details the processes indepth...mind you it is Ohio, but should be similiar in most places

Enjoy and welcome to the world of legaleze!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X