top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more automatic approvals for FHA loans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more automatic approvals for FHA loans?

Here I am again questioning our situation. As of 4/22/08, it will be three years from discharge. We have been speaking with an agent and was given the pre-approval to start looking at homes. By chance, we found one we really liked and was accepted in our offer. Its a short sale and has a TFT no fault of property 4 times prior to this. Mostly, because it's taken too long and the buyers have found other homes but we are willing to wait. Here's my problem...
    My broker has assured me we are more than qualified to purchase with an FHA loan (credit scores are in the high 680 to some in the 700's, income to debt in the 34% and the BK limitation at the two year mark). We did include in the BK a home and from the county recorders office, it shows the house was sold at auction on 10/16/2008. Although, on our credit report it doesn't state foreclosure, just "PNC Bankruptcy Ch. 7" the broker was concern with this but said we might be ok. Long story short, we told him our offer was accepted and we needed a "pre-approval" letter and he told me he would put it through the AU system and get the letter by Monday. Monday comes and goes and on Tuesday I send him an email about the letter. He writes back , "There are technical system problems with the underwriting program that they expect to have resolved before tomorrow morning. As soon as the system is available, we will submit it and get the approval. I don't anticipate any problems getting an "approved/eligible) approval notification. I said ok. In the meantime, our offer on the home was approved last night and this morning, still no letter. I then sent off another email and got the response, "It turns out that the system has been changed, contrary to what was told to our lenders about a temporary glitch, and they can no longer issue automated approvals for FHA loans. Not a problem, however, as we will get an acceptable approval before the day is out today.". Now, I'm panicking. Shouldn't he have known this already?? He's been a broker since 1972! I can't assume we are the only ones (in this day and age) having to use an FHA loan. Has anyone else heard that FHA is all now manual underwriting or they don't even use the AU first, then go on to manual?
    CHAPTER 7 FILED: 1/18/2008: 341: 2/19/2008
    DECLARED NO ASSESTS: 2/20/2008
    OBJECTION TO DISCHARGE DUE: 4/21/2008
    DISCHARDGED & TERMINATED:4/22/2008

I used to be in the mortgage industry (before the downward spiral). Our FHA department used the AU system first. He really should be more clear, it first sounds as though there was a computer problem and then a change in the entire approval process. I find it hard to believe they weren't informed beforehand and I also find it even more hard to believe FHA would change their process.

Is your person an Loan Officer with the Lending Institution or an outside Broker? Lots of outside Brokers have direct access to the FHA system and can get issued a case number etc then enter the file into the AU system with the Lending Institution and get an instant approval etc. The manual underwrite could also be due to your financial past, just an extra step in the process. Maybe it was run through the AU and the underwriter was told to manually underwrite the file.

I know there were some FHA guideline changes late last year.

In the end, if he feels confident about an approval, I wouldn't worry to much, regardless if its AU or manual underwrite.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

I used to be in the mortgage industry (before the downward spiral). Our FHA department used the AU system first. He really should be more clear, it first sounds as though there was a computer problem and then a change in the entire approval process. I find it hard to believe they weren't informed beforehand and I also find it even more hard to believe FHA would change their process.

Is your person an Loan Officer with the Lending Institution or an outside Broker? Lots of outside Brokers have direct access to the FHA system and can get issued a case number etc then enter the file into the AU system with the Lending Institution and get an instant approval etc. The manual underwrite could also be due to your financial past, just an extra step in the process. Maybe it was run through the AU and the underwriter was told to manually underwrite the file.

I know there were some FHA guideline changes late last year.

In the end, if he feels confident about an approval, I wouldn't worry to much, regardless if its AU or manual underwrite.
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X