Quick Question About Mortgage Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question About Mortgage Company

Okay gang, I have not seen anything like this posted so here is my question.....Our bankruptcy discharge came through in April of 2010, we did not recommit so both our 1st and 2nd mortgages were discharged as well. We occupied the home payment free until June 2011 when we finally decided to move out and into a rental home. Now here is where it gets strange......we called both mortgage companies to tell them we were out of the property and that's it.....we gave them no further details. So low and behold yesterday we received a piece of mail from mortgage company #1 addressed to our NEW address (of which we did NOT give them) saying....."Thanks for informing us of your address change". Does anyone have a clue as to how they found out?? Just wondering!!

Got the same power company??
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I am thinking like Valle Yum...they got your new address from a utility company. Or the DMV, if you updated your drivers licenses.
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

Thanks gang! Yes, we have the same utility companies for everything....it was just a bit too "Big Brother" for me!!

Comment

Did you put in a forwarding address at the post office?
          Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
          DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

Originally posted by panda View Post
            Did you put in a forwarding address at the post office?
            That will definitely do it. When I moved after my BK I had my mail forwarded to a mail service company in Oregon where I could view my mail online. I eventually closed that but never forwarded my address so it was difficult to find me. Now that Oregon residence shows up as a previous residence even though I never lived there.

Happy 4th!!!

Comment

Yes, we did. Do they request a copy of the forwarding address? I guess I just thought the mail would be forwarded without the senders knowledge!

Comment

Very cool idea!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X