Not holding my breath yet, BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not holding my breath yet, BUT....

Most of you know about our last 4 months of bad luck. I'm really hoping it has come to an end. We set a closing date of July 29th for our loan through Rural Development direct.

The sellers have contractors out doing the required repairs, the apprasial came through ok and the title work should be done on Monday. Our funding came in last Monday, so our RD lady said the only thing we are waiting for are the repairs to be finished so we can close. I was really surprised at the inspection. There were some things I figured RD would red flag, but they didn't. There were a couple of major problems I figured would be a deal breaker b/c they were pretty expensive, but the sellers didn't blink an eye about fixing them. (As the deal sets now, their asking price was $65k, we are paying $58k and they pay all closing costs, they put in new carpet & over $3k in repairs.)

I have tried so hard to not get excited yet since everything so far has fallen apart at some point. Once all this is said and done, I'll let everyone know how doing a Rural Development direct loan worked out for us.

Please pray all goes well these next couple of weeks and we can finally have a house!
    Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
    Livin' the GOOD life

Crossing my fingers and toes for you, nomore! Hope everything is smooth and wrinkle free over the next couple weeks.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congrats. We're sending up prayers on your behalf, nomore. The waiting game is really stressful isn't it? We're supposed to close on our VA loan in 3 days....the thought that something can/will go wrong is torturing me. Hopefully we both will be in our new homes this month.
      Filed Ch 7 Petition: 12/17/08
      341 Meeting: 01/14/09
      Discharged: 03/18/09
      Closed: 03/18/09

Comment

Originally posted by hopejones View Post
        Congrats. We're sending up prayers on your behalf, nomore. The waiting game is really stressful isn't it? We're supposed to close on our VA loan in 3 days....the thought that something can/will go wrong is torturing me. Hopefully we both will be in our new homes this month.
        HOPEJONES: Did you get rid of your other house before applying for the VA Loan? I'm interested because we discharged our house in CH 7 June 2010, are letting it foreclose and was wondering about the waiting time for VA loans after foreclosure and/or BK.

Comment

We had to wait 2 yrs post BK to qualify for a VA loan. Our house was IIB but did not foreclose (we are currently doing a pay & stay and are current on our payments). We rented the house out three months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by hopejones View Post
            We had to wait 2 yrs post BK to qualify for a VA loan. Our house was IIB but did not foreclose (we are currently doing a pay & stay and are current on our payments). We rented the house out three months ago.
            Thanks for replying. Wow that is great news for youguys. And for us We included our house IIB and are letting it foreclose. We were hoping to buy again next year which will be 2 yrs post BK discharge.

So they took the discharge date not foreclosure date for underwiting purposes? Cool... Can you pls message me who you used for your loan?

Congratulations on your new home. There is definitely life after BK!

Comment

@ hopejones Did you get to close on your home?

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! They moved our closing date up to next Tues the 26th. YIKES!!! Now I'm really starting to panic. The whole thought of being saddled with a house is scaring me, knowing we will have neighbors is freaking me out (we have never lived in town!)...the list goes on and on. What if the neighbors don't like us, what if the kids are too loud, what if we do something wrong. I havne't slept much at all since we found out it really looks like it might happen. I know it is the best choice for us, as rental houses are at least double what we are paying, when you can find them...but UGG.
              Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
              Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

Originally posted by nomoneynomore View Post
                @ hopejones Did you get to close on your home?
                Yes, we closed on our home today!!!!!

Comment

WHOHOO!!!! Awesome news! Congrats, I'm so happy & excited for you. What a great feeling.
                  Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
                  Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X