top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attorney Adv. Disb. fee on mortgage statement??? What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney Adv. Disb. fee on mortgage statement??? What is it?

I just received my mortgage statement for 8/01/11 and there is a $100.00 misc fee on there and the only thing it states is it is for Attorney Adv Disb. not sure what this means? I was discharged ch 7 in June 2011 and I already had a final mod. on my mortgaeg prior to filing for BK. I did not reaffirm during the ch 7 and am now wondering if the mortgage company is coming after the home? It is upside down by about $55K.

Nothing??? I called the mortgage company and they said I had to write a letter asking for the info. and fax it in or mail it to them? What is this???

Comment

probably would be attorney advisement disbursement if I had to take a gander. Fee for lenders attorney to review docs more than likely

Comment

so you think it is a valid fee and that it has nothing to do with the fact that I did not reaffirm and they are starting to forclose? I am current and have a final mod. in place already...

Comment

If your current, they would have no reason to come after the home wether it is upside down or not. Don't worry about that but I would verify what that charge is if I was in your shoes. May I ask who the lender is? I have WF and wonder if that will happen to me?
          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
          341 5/23/11
          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Originally posted by foreputt View Post
            so you think it is a valid fee and that it has nothing to do with the fact that I did not reaffirm and they are starting to forclose? I am current and have a final mod. in place already...
            yep, valid fee - probably due to the mod (reviewing it, etc). As sunshinepea pointed out, if you're current on everything - there should be no reason for them to foreclose. Do you have a 1st & 2nd? Are you paying both of them if you do? When you say " ....and they are starting to foreclose..." I'm going to assume that you're asking if thats what they're doing - not that they ARE, correct? If the stay wasnt lifted prior to your discharge by the courts and you're current... then you should have no issues - so long as you dont have a 2nd mortgage that you're not paying. They always have the right to foreclose if you're not paying them.

With that being said - what does your paperwork state (discharge); if you dont have it, you can log into PACER to get it I believe.

Comment

No...they have not given me any indication that they are starting to forclose. Just seemed weird that this fee all of a sudden shows up on the statement. My mod. was finalized before I filed and have been current the entire time. I now wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I have now been discharged from the ch 7. and they had an attorney look it over???

Anyway, I wrote them a letter asking them to explain it to me since nobody at their 800# could and they told me I need to write them and fax my request over...crazy in this day and age that we still do things in this manner.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X