top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qualifying on a new loan if walking away from non reaffirmed loans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qualifying on a new loan if walking away from non reaffirmed loans?

2 years after ch 7 discharge. On a ride through with both mortgages. If we apply for a FHA loan. Do you have to figure in the current mortage payments in the income to debt ratio? Or seeing we technically dont owe anything, 0 balance shows on credit report.
    We dont "have" any payments to consider?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Good point that you don't have any payments. They'll look at your bank statements, though, no?
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
      Good point that you don't have any payments. They'll look at your bank statements, though, no?
      Yes we are paying. but are not obligated to do so. We would not have both payments once we assumed the new loan.

Comment

Go for it - explain everything to them and you should be good to go.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
          Go for it - explain everything to them and you should be good to go.
          I tried, they dont seem to agree. I need to find out what is legal. What I need to do to bet them to approve it. I read some have had their attorney call and says that tehy are not obligated to pay the mortgage etc.

Comment

Now Im really really confused...I thought regardless of whether you paid to stay you cannot get approved for a new mortgage loan if you are planning to walk away from your current home even if you did not reaffirm. Maybe I'm reading too much here and it's all too confusing. Someone please clear this up for me. Thank you!
            08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
            04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
            06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
            08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ann View Post
              Now Im really really confused...I thought regardless of whether you paid to stay you cannot get approved for a new mortgage loan if you are planning to walk away from your current home even if you did not reaffirm. Maybe I'm reading too much here and it's all too confusing. Someone please clear this up for me. Thank you!
              I dont think you cannot do it. But I think the lenders dont want to lend to you if you do.

Comment

You can't do it - check the other thread I just had going. They'll want to know what's going on with the existing loan - it's called "buy and bail" - lots of good information on the internet and this forum about it.
                Chapter 7 filed 3/31/2009
                341 Meeting 5/6/2009
                Discharged! 7/9/2009

Comment

The rule on FHA is 2 years from BK discharge, or 3 years from completion of the foreclosure, short sale or deed-in-lieu. That is measured from when the deed is recorded out of your name. You haven't even started that clock. True, you don't owe any money due to the BK discharge. But the deed is in your name, subject to the security interest(s) of the lender(s). So when you stop paying on the stay and pay, the bank will (in it's own sweet time) move to foreclose. When the foreclosure is completed and the deed is recorded, the 3 year clock starts.
                  Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie777 View Post
                    The rule on FHA is 2 years from BK discharge, or 3 years from completion of the foreclosure, short sale or deed-in-lieu. That is measured from when the deed is recorded out of your name. You haven't even started that clock. True, you don't owe any money due to the BK discharge. But the deed is in your name, subject to the security interest(s) of the lender(s). So when you stop paying on the stay and pay, the bank will (in it's own sweet time) move to foreclose. When the foreclosure is completed and the deed is recorded, the 3 year clock starts.
                    Charlie said it best. There are no shortcuts into a new mortgage with FHA/Fannie/Freddie. Just have to wait it out after FC or qualify with both mortgages.

ST
                    Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
                    Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
                    10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X