Home included in my BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home included in my BK

We included my home in our C7, is it considered a foreclosure? We kept up to date on all payments until date of filing. Im trying to buy a new home and was wondering the waiting periods. I was under the impression that being up to date and including it in the C7 that it just shows that I have a C7?

Originally posted by kleinkp View Post
    We included my home in our C7, is it considered a foreclosure? We kept up to date on all payments until date of filing. Im trying to buy a new home and was wondering the waiting periods. I was under the impression that being up to date and including it in the C7 that it just shows that I have a C7?
    It's not considered a foreclosure but was discharged through you chapter 7. Are you still in the home? You can obtain another loan 2 years after your Chapter 7 was discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by prindia View Post
      It's not considered a foreclosure but was discharged through you chapter 7. Are you still in the home? You can obtain another loan 2 years after your Chapter 7 was discharge.
      If you had kept up the payments, you could have paid through. If you talk to the bank, they may let you stay and catch up. They don't really want your house. If you are intent on getting another mortgage, I believe two years or perhaps three, I'm not sure, you would be eligible. Does not mean a thing if a company does not wish to make one to you. If you are O.K. with your current place, you have a better chance keeping it than you would to getting a new place and mortgage. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X