top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Home Purchase after Chapter 7 BK W/ home included Foreclosure 03/2010!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful Home Purchase after Chapter 7 BK W/ home included Foreclosure 03/2010!!

Back in May of 2008 I converted my Chapter 13 BK to a chapter 7 at that time I surrendered my home. I moved out in June assuming the bank would just take possession of the home. Well to make a long story short they finally finished foreclosure proceedings and took my name off the property on March of 2010.
    I had been living in a townhouse since 2008, and the owner had been setting aside 600.00 a month towards a down payment, but here I was three plus years later and unable to get anyone to even consider giving me a mortgage.
    In November of 2011 I went on one of the mortgage sites that match you with lenders, it was at this time that I came into contact with [removed] I explained to him my position and told him I had recently been reading a lot about USDA loans. I knew the townhouse was not in a rural
    area, but I also knew I could not expect the owner to wait any longer for me to get a loan.
    He took all my information and spoke to several of his lenders and found one who said yes, they would consider me for a USDA mortgage. He then put me in contact with a real estate agent. On 12/04/11 me and my wife found our dream home.
    We closed on 02/16/2012 and I am sitting in my new home typing this!! I talked to many different lenders and broker who all told me I had to wait until three years after my name came off my previous home. But [he] took the time to find a lender that would work off the bankruptcy date, and look at my current credit situation.
    I wrote this to let everyone know their is hope if you wish to own a home again!!
    Last edited by HHM; 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM. Reason: Spam Content, specific names edited out

Spam-a-licous

Comment

When was your chpt 7 discharged?

Comment

While I agree that this may be spam I also know that there are certain lenders that work from the discharge date instead of foreclosure date due to the unclear guidelines of USDA loans. In case this is the latter I would like to know who the lender is so if the OP can PM me the name I would greatly appreciate it.
        -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
        -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
        -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
        -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

Hi Getting!

Just wanted to let you know that the OP can not PM until he reaches 20+ posts.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
            Spam-a-licous
            I apologize if this appears to be spam but you don't understand how exciting it was to finally find someone that looked beyond the BK and foreclosure. It was very hard to find someone willing to even try and find us a mortgage, for that I am grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by tradinglife View Post
              When was your chpt 7 discharged?
              October 2008

Comment

I would be happy to provide you the information!

Comment

Ditto, please email me the info as well.
                  Filed 12/04/2009
                  341 Meeting 1/13/2010
                  No Distribution Letter 1/14/2010
                  60 Day Club

Comment

So s it spam or not? A big thing holding back the housing market is not enough buyers. This could help bring more buyers to the table.

Comment

I didn't read it as spam (no advertisement or anything) but it IS interesting since everyone has basically been told that you cant get a loan for 3 years after a foreclosure, 2 after a bk. I am not planning to buy for the foreseeable future, or maybe ever again, but I'm still curious how this was accomplished.
                      Jessica
                      Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
                      Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Originally posted by JessMN View Post
                        I didn't read it as spam (no advertisement or anything) but it IS interesting since everyone has basically been told that you cant get a loan for 3 years after a foreclosure, 2 after a bk. I am not planning to buy for the foreseeable future, or maybe ever again, but I'm still curious how this was accomplished.
                        That's because the "REPEATED" name of the provider was deleted from the post and new members cannot post hyperlinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dondeuce View Post
                          I would be happy to provide you the information!
                          If you could email me the name of the lender I would really appreciate it.

[unsafe to post email on public forum]

Thanks
                          Last edited by HHM; 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM.
                          -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
                          -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
                          -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
                          -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

It is spam, first post, repeated names of provider, no other activity, that is spam.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X