top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Home Purchase after Chapter 7 BK with home included (Revisited)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful Home Purchase after Chapter 7 BK with home included (Revisited)

Back in May of 2008 I converted my Chapter 13 BK to a chapter 7 (discharged in October 2008) at that time I surrendered my home. I moved out in June assuming the bank would just take possession of the home. Well to make a long story short they finally finished foreclosure proceedings and took my name off the property on March of 2010.
    I had been living in a townhouse since 2008, and the owner had been setting aside 600.00 a month towards a down payment, but here I was three plus years later and unable to get anyone to even consider giving me a mortgage. My wife spent all of 2011 fighting stage three breast cancer and she was very concerned that the owner of the town home would tire of our inability to find a mortgage I continued to search and spent a lot of time reading on these very forums. It was here I started to learn about USDA mortgages. With this new information I once again began my search for someone who would take the time to help me. I knew the townhouse was not in a rural
    area, but I also knew I could not expect the owner to wait any longer for me to get a loan.
    I finally found a lender who would consider me for a USDA mortgage. This was someone who was willing to take the time to understand instead of just giving me the standard 3 years from the time your name is removed from the property!! On 12/04/11 my wife and myself found our dream home.
    We closed on 02/16/2012 after working very hard to provide everything the underwriter needed and going through the very long waiting period to get USDA approval. But here I am sitting in my new home typing this!!
    I talked to many different lenders and brokers who all told me I had to wait three years after my name came off my previous home. But I finally found a broker who took the time to find a lender that would work off the bankruptcy date, and look at my current credit situation.
    I wrote this originally not to spam but to let everyone know that their are opportunities out there if you wish to own a home again!! You just have to keep looking until you find the right person!!
    And on top of this as of January 2012 my wife is cancer free!!

Thank you for listening!!

That's fine, USDA has the most liberal standards of all options assuming you can find a property that qualifies. By no means is this a universally available option, in fact, it is quit limited; but I am glad you found something that worked out for you.
    Last edited by HHM; 02-28-2012, 05:47 AM.

Comment

I never claimed USDA was a universal option. But depending on where you live it is certainly a option worth looking into. I purchased my home in the upscale area of Trinity in Florida, and just by looking you wouldn't think the area wouldn't qualify, but it did. It is very easy to go to the USDA website and type in a address to see if it qualifies.

Comment

Is there any way you could post a few more times so that you are allowed to use PM's? I still want to know who the lender is and HHM seems to think that posting an email address on the open forum is dangerous for someone who works in IT security.
        -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
        -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
        -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
        -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X