Good score after May 2011 chapter 7 discharge - Looking to purchase home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good score after May 2011 chapter 7 discharge - Looking to purchase home

Chapter 7 discharge was one year ago. Current situation is that my wife owns a home solely in her name, I'm not on the loan or the deed as she had the house prior to our marriage. I pulled my credit a few months after and found that my credit scores seemed to go up. I would say my mean score was at least a 650. 6 months after the discharge me wife and I were both approved for new cars with her being the primary and me being secondary. I am also an authorized user on one of the two credit cards that she has which is helping my credit. We want to sell the house that we're in and purchase a new home with both of us on the loan so we can get a bigger house to start a family in.

There should be something out there to help us, correct?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Sorry to burst your bubble, but non-starter. Because of BK, you are looking at at least 3 years before you can qualify for a mortgage. Even as secondary borrower, you are still a borrower. The only way to qualify for a conventional mortgage is for your wife to qualify on her own, independent of your credit and income.

Comment

There was a bankruptcy attorney on TV who said you could probably get an FHA loan 2 years after a bk. There was no long explanation, and I certainly won'tvouch for this particular bk attorney, but....that's what he said.

Comment

I am 2-1/2 years out of my 7, am doing a refi on my house, approved for a FHA 15 year@ 3.7.

For FHA insured loan the wait is 2 year minumum and for non fha loans its at least a 3 year.

Comment

Your right, my bad. It is THREE years from foreclosure/short sale...but it is only 2 years for BK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X