Renting a home post BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting a home post BK

Has anyone rented a home post Bk recently? We are going to be walking away from our discharged mortgage and relocating to TN, and are wondering how difficult it will be to rent a home? We were discharged 4 years ago

Any tips?

Thanks!
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

We have been renting since we declared BK - it wasn't hard to find a place to rent, as long as you have the deposit they are asking for.

Comment

I have been renting for the last year. I found it the day after I was served foreclosure papers. Which was a little over a year after being discharged in a BK 7. To be honest, I went with a private owner, which is probably why it was so easy. A major apartment complex would have been more difficult.

Comment

I was worried about this as well, and I have a friend who is went through bankruptcy, and then was able to rent at a major apartment complex. And from what she told me, as long as you are a year out from your discharge, you can pretty much rent anywhere without too much difficulty...assuming that you don't have any recent evictions. Since you are 4 years out, I don't think you should have a problem renting at all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X