HARP loan after CH 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HARP loan after CH 13

Well I was discharged from a 13 this year January. I have checked my credit score and it's around 681 amaziningly. My mortgage is through Gmac. I called them and applied for a HARP loan yesterday cause I am about $25000 underwater thanks to the falling house prices. My current percentage rate is 6.75%. It appears I was approved for a loan with and percentage rate of 4.6%! I have filled out all the papers and submitted them and it seems the ball is rolling. I will update as things unfold but the title company already called me for some info so it appears to be moving forward.
    Filed September 15 2009
    Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
    Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

didnt GMAC just file for BK themselves?

Be sure you whatever offer they're giving you in writing and signed by the lender....

Comment

Yes they did. I gots letter stating its business as usual while they restructure.
      Filed September 15 2009

Comment

Wonder if any loans have to be approved through the Courts first...? Hopefully new terms of 4.6% - will save you $ in the long run if you desire to keep the house; does it extend your terms out? Remember, home values are still falling - so keep that in mind.

Best of luck to you - keep us posted!

Comment

Yes I have only lived here 5 years now and had a 30 year loan so now it's back to a 30 year loan. Yeah as far as timing and home values falling that's kind of a crap shoot. I can't imagine it would drop lower than it is now but I can't predict the future. The home I live in has been in the family for years so I'm trying to keep it that way. If it wasn't a family home the "right" thing to do while I was in my CH 13 would have been to walk away, but I really tried my best to hold onto it. Now I would say yes I am gonna live here long term but with the uncertain times we live in who really knows.
          Filed September 15 2009

Comment

Looks like loan is approved and I will sign papers this Monday. The loan will fund by next Friday! My interest is 4.5% a little better than I though initially. So this is all great news to me. Gonna save me a little over $200/month it does put me back to a 30 year loan but I have only lived here five on my previous 30 year loan. Now if I can just make one or two extra payments a year that would be awesome.
            Filed September 15 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X