Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could really use everyones advice and experience

Hi everyone,

So I filed chapter 13 back in august 07, and I have been discharged I believe its called since august of 11.

First off I want to thank all of you for the advice you have given me through this time, you have no idea how much you've helped. I'm going to give you a quick run down before I get to my mortgage question.

After discharge from lurking on here I decided to apply for a secured capital one card. Since then ive always paid on time and mostly been paying in full. Since opening it in October I've already had a credit increase.

Next purchase was in late November I needed a car badly, I contacted capital one and was approved up to 30k for 10.99% which isn't bad but not great. Anyways brought the wife to a dealer with me, we both got on the loan together and were approved for 4.6%. She has phenomenal credit like 750 I believe no bk.

So now to my question. As of right now we rent for 1200 a month, and we were thinking about getting a house. I wanted to know from anyone's experience, could I be included in the loan at all or will I wreck the interest rate. If I can't when could I possibly be eligible to be included on the loan? My wife is a pharmacist and makes great money and brings home at the least 5k a month and I bring home a little over 2k, so it'd be nice to add our incomes in case if we see a house that we can't pass up.

I mean we have only been married since September, and have saved up 18k and we started from scratch with a lot of things.

Thanks in advance and that's for all your previous help. And sorry for the way this is so clustered I did this off of my phone.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-11-2012, 05:24 PM. Reason: to make post easier to read.

You will wreck any shot at the mortgage loan. It is 2 years from BK, period.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
      You will wreck any shot at the mortgage loan. It is 2 years from BK, period.
      I am curious about this, so has something changed? I know there was a time limit from filing BK but is it now not possible to get a mortgage till 2 years after discharge?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I am curious about this, so has something changed? I know there was a time limit from filing BK but is it now not possible to get a mortgage till 2 years after discharge?
        My understanding was that it was 2 years for an FHA loan. Just like with credit cards there's always someone willing to offer you one, just at a much higher interest rate.

Comment

From everything I have read and looking into, it is 2 years for a FHA, VA, or USDA loan - and more for convential loans and will need the down payment that goes along with it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X