Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success story!

Hello all!
    I wanted to post our story, to give hope to those struggling - we were there and it was so very hard. I was on here looking at everyone's advice for two years - hoping that someday again, we could own a home.
    We filed for Chp 7 in 6/10 with full discharge in 8/10. We purchased and closed on our new home in 6/12!!! We used a VA loan, since my husband is a vet - so we bought with 0 down!!
    We found a lender that was willing to work with us two months before our two year mark, due to our good payment history and our rebounding credit scores.
    I wanted to let everyone know, it is do-able! Hang in there!

Thank you for checking in and providing this story. You will have no idea how many people you have really helped by doing this.

Thank You!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Great to hear! It was a long road for us, much like everyone out here on this board. Reading everyone's posts really helped us through, so with reading other's success stories and know how they made us feel - I also wanted to share.

Comment

Thank you so much for making me smile at your wonderful news. We just filed last week. sammie
        Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

So happy for you! We just filed end of June and have our 341 next week. Hoping to be able to purchase our retirement home in a few years.

Congrats & thank you for sharing.

Comment

Congratulations! That is so exciting. We are planning to use our VA Loan when we reach our two year mark next month. Would you mind sending me a message letting me know the lender you worked with to obtain your VA Loan? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rmcmorran View Post
              Hello all!
              I wanted to post our story, to give hope to those struggling - we were there and it was so very hard. I was on here looking at everyone's advice for two years - hoping that someday again, we could own a home.
              We filed for Chp 7 in 6/10 with full discharge in 8/10. We purchased and closed on our new home in 6/12!!! We used a VA loan, since my husband is a vet - so we bought with 0 down!!
              We found a lender that was willing to work with us two months before our two year mark, due to our good payment history and our rebounding credit scores.
              I wanted to let everyone know, it is do-able! Hang in there!
              do u mind giving us the lender's name?

Comment

Any lender should honor a VA loan, since they are government backed. The lender/broker we went through turned around and sold us to WF within the first month. Any mortgage broker should be able to help you out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X