This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTG BANKER OH,

Excellent information.....................
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I just talked to Tom once again and now I'm being told that my paperwork will be e-mailed so that I can review it. He told me that apparently they had the wrong zip code and it was returned to them. Chucko, you may want to give them a call and see if you get the same story...

Comment

Can I get the contact info as well please? From anyone.
        Filed 09/05
        Discarged 1/2/06
        Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Nlmc

I just got wind of some of the things said on here about NLMC and was hoping I could set things right. We are a mortgage banker who does loans in several States via our home office and our branch offices which are managed by Branch Managers. I am one of those Branch Managers in Texas. Not sure who is putting info on here about NLMC, but our specialty program is an in-house program that allows for someone who has had a Chapter 7 Bankrutpcy that has been discharged at least 12 months and has had no bad credit since the discharge date. We underwrite and fund this program in-house. We are the direct lender. The program's interest rate as of today is 7.5% with an APR of appx. 8.2% and a down payment of 3%. This loan is a 30 year fixed rate with no prepayment penalty.

However, we do have other loan programs and other branches and loan officers. Any loan officer of ANY mortgage company (not just ours) is encouraged by their employers typically to put up a website advertising themselves and the services and programs they provide. So a loan officer, or a branch manager having their own website is very common in the mortgage and real estate industry.

And there is always the possibility that a Loan Officer is not following through or providing proper information. And if anyone from our company has sparked this negative thread, or caused a negative image, I am more than happy to know what and who so we can get the problem corrected immediately. Our customers and potential customers are the only reason we are in business, so we want to make sure we service them properly.
          Additionally, and I hope everyone follows this, if ANY mortgage company is asking you to provide your social security # prior to talking to you on the phone and actually pre-qualifying you based on your circumstances and income information, you should NOT be providing your social security #. We ask for information that does NOT include your SS# or your date of birth. We feel like we need to contact you, talk with you, respond to questions, build a raport, and prequalify each one of our customers BEFORE asking to pull their credit. And I personally would never give out my SS# over the internet, so I would NEVER ask one of my customers to provide that over the internet. However, on the other side of that many companies (especially the large companies) do put their entire 1003 on the internet, which requests your SS# and DOB. And apparently one of our branches has done so also. Again, I don't EVER recommend you fill out your SS# on anything over the internet.

I hope this helps clear up a few things about NLMC. Ok guys, feel free to write me back here and let me know your problems with NLMC so I can get the problems and issues resolved
          Sincerely,
          Jon Bradshaw, NLMC
          Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-31-2006, 05:56 AM.

Comment

This is the exact same post he made on my thread. Please read my reply on my thread about not giving these people your personal info!
            Filed 09/05
            Discarged 1/2/06
            Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Mortgage banker where are you when we need you?
              Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Comment

Has anyone been told their phones and servers were being upgraded over this last week and that's the supposed hold up?

I was supposed to receive my pre-approval last Thursday and since Monday I have followed up every day, several times a day either via phone or e-mail. I've been told it will be here (e-mail) in 20 minutes, another time was within 2 hours, another within 4 hours, etc. etc. It's now Thursday at 11:15 PM and I still do not have it. I've tried calling into Tom several times throughout today and yesterday and keep getting either vm or it just rings a million times and does nothing.

I've had some GREAT conversations w/ Tom and hate to post something like this but I'm starting to get really frustrated when I can't even get a simple pre-approval. I'm wondering how long the rest of this process is going to take, if it even happens at all.

It's just very discouraging because my husband and I are looking at homes and falling in love with some (not to mention putting ours on the market just from his word that we're pre-approved) - not knowing if this is really even going to happen.

Does anyone have any updates regarding them? Have you received your stuff and is everything moving forward now?

I even gave Tom my fax # to work so he could fax it if he was having e-mail issues but nothing has come through there either.

Like I said, Tom has been extremely nice and seems so legit but it's getting to a point where actions speak louder than words.

Love to hear feedback from others. I really hope it turns out well like everyone is hoping and NLMC is promising!
                BK filed Oct. 05
                Discharged June 06

Post BK (pre-dispute) scores (as of 8/15/06):
                Equifax: 549
                Experian: 545
                TransUnion: 554

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

One female cat and her kittens can theoretically produce 420,000 cats in a 7 year period!!! SPAY/NEUTER!!!!

Indoor cats live an average of 17 yrs, outdoor only 4 yrs - you do the math.

Comment

Alternative Phone # for NLMC

I have been calling a million times into the xxxxxxxxx they have listed and keep getting vm every time.

Is there another number someone knows about that will actually get me in to someone?
                  Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-31-2006, 05:53 AM.
                  BK filed Oct. 05
                  Discharged June 06

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

One female cat and her kittens can theoretically produce 420,000 cats in a 7 year period!!! SPAY/NEUTER!!!!

Comment

Beware of NLMC!!!

My father has been working with "Tom Alexander" at NLMC for over a month now.

He was supposed to have closed TWICE on his loan, and each time, Tom comes up with some BS reason why he can't close.

This is getting ridiculous, and I am tried to step in today to do some damage control.

They won't return phone calls or emails, and the fact that they have prevented my father from closing TWICE, sends MAJOR warning signs to me. They claim that Dad has completed all of his requirements, just for one reason or another he can't close.

The last reason, and this was a doozy, was that Tom didn't have the paperwork ready. Interesting, considering a week prior to that he did.... but now he doesn't? What kind of company is this?!

So, if you are working with this company beware. I am going with Dad next Thursday, and if Mr. Tom has some more BS, I am giving him some of my own, and we are getting the hell out of there, never looking back. It's not worth it.

So beware, and heads up if you are using this company!

PS, they also told Dad that if he backs out at this point, he looses his earnest money that he's put in as well.... not legal or ethical to do this!
                    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

I'm sorry to here that Tinroof, but they are full of bull. I hope things work out an he is able to close. Are there any other companies that you could work with that may be able to get the job done in a limited amount of time?

Comment

I'm not positive about this but other than this there are no other numbers, hope this helps.
                        Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-31-2006, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I would be very careful about dealing with this company........ too many problems and too much ??????????? ethics............

This could very well be a very good scam...... get your personal information plus your good faith money...........
                          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Wrong name. They are NLMC, as in National Lending Mortage Company. NMLC is something else.

Beware of this company as well. I was shopping for loans after my offer was accepted and had a coupld good talks with Tom at NLMC but he never produced a GFE. He first said he mixed up my address, then he said it was emailed, then said he would email it again within 20 minutes. All of this and I've gotten nothing.

I would avoid them like the plague. PLEASE avoid NLMC. I got a PM from the one that posted here asking for more information about the problems I had, and I will call or email them everything. They may be a legit parent company, but their loan officers are worthless.
                            Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-31-2006, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by newstart
                              I'm sorry to here that Tinroof, but they are full of bull. I hope things work out an he is able to close. Are there any other companies that you could work with that may be able to get the job done in a limited amount of time?
                              I am looking into that as we speak, actually.

I just wanted to give people the heads up about this place so they don't waste their time, or try to have their money stolen.
                              BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

That's EXACTLY what I'm going through. I had several excellent conversations w/ Tom - I was really impressed but he has been promising my pre-approval and GFE for over a week now. I've been told the 20 minutes, within an hour, should be this afternoon, etc. etc. one too many times. I've left a dozen messages over this past week and had NO phone calls back. I've e-mailed him several times telling him it's urgent because the realtor and our buyers agent need some questions answered. NOTHING.

I'm getting extremely discouraged at this point. I did have another poster on here that I PM'd tell me she is closing in about 2 weeks with them and will meet Tom personally... so who knows. I was also told he's on vaca next week so am I basically screwed for the next week again?

I called into Countrywide yesterday - well, their division that assists people who have less than perfect credit. I think I am going to submit all my information to them and see what we get. We were supposedly approved through NLMC for $372K between my husband and I - so we've been looking at homes between $250-300K (which is about what they go for in my area).

I am getting so upset that I haven't had any feedback because we have a realtor coming to our house in about 3 hours so we can get it on the market and I spent about 2 hours of a another realtor's time last night looking at houses.

Originally posted by chucko
                                Wrong name. They are NLMC, as in National Lending Mortage Company. NMLC is something else.

Beware of this company as well. I was shopping for loans after my offer was accepted and had a coupld good talks with Tom at NLMC but he never produced a GFE. He first said he mixed up my address, then he said it was emailed, then said he would email it again within 20 minutes. All of this and I've gotten nothing.

I would avoid them like the plague. PLEASE avoid NLMC. I got a PM from the one that posted here asking for more information about the problems I had, and I will call or email them everything. They may be a legit parent company, but their loan officers are worthless.
                                BK filed Oct. 05
                                Discharged June 06

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X