top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disputing hard credit inquiries - has anyone done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disputing hard credit inquiries - has anyone done this?

I monitor my credit very closely, and just got alerted by one of my credit monitoring services that there were new credit inquiries on my account. On one bureau there are 3 hard inquiries, none of which I initiated. On the other bureau one out of the three is also listed there, on the same date. I have filed a dispute with the bureau where three are listed, and will be filing a dispute with the other bureau in the next few minutes. Just wondering if anyone's done this, how successful you were in getting the hard inquiries removed, and what other security measures you have taken or would advise. Thanks in advance.
    Filed: August, 2003
    Discharged: Thanksgiving Eve, 2003

Total Consumer Debt Granted Since BK: $6,100
    Total Consumer Debt Left to Pay Off: $1,300 (Plus $50K+ in Student Loans ... )

Just following up on my own post in case anyone else is looking for this info. You can place a temporary fraud alert on your credit report by contacting one of the credit bureaus. That's supposed to require that credit companies contact you directly if anyone tries to get credit with your information. It lasts for 90 days. You can extend it beyond 90 days if you want to. Hope this helps someone!
    Filed: August, 2003
    Discharged: Thanksgiving Eve, 2003

Total Consumer Debt Granted Since BK: $6,100
    Total Consumer Debt Left to Pay Off: $1,300 (Plus $50K+ in Student Loans ... )

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X