top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should I buy my credit scores and reports from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should I buy my credit scores and reports from?

I have been using Suze Orman's myfico.com but I've heard getting your scores from myfico.com is unreliable. Where should I buy my scores from for now on?
    Do I go directly to equifax.com, experien.com, and transunion.com for the most reliable scores?

Thanks,
    Adam

Unfortunately, MyFico.com provides the most accurate scores available to the consumer. However it is just too expensive to use on a regular basis, for most of us. And its still not even the same score that lenders get. I would pull myfico.com scores only when necessary, like before a big purchase that requires credit, otherwise maybe once a year or so. Besides that, maybe alternating 6 months of myfico, you could do the free annual credit reports from www.annualcreditreport.com, which are direct from the bureaus but do not provide scores.

For day to day monitoring of our credit reports, most of us are using true credit through transunion, which provides daily updates, alerts, and fako scores, for all 3 reports. Its $11 monthly only through this link: http://www.truecredit.com/services/c...lmart&loc=1486
    Last edited by FilingOnMyOwn; 11-18-2006, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I didn't know the scores you get from the consumer places are "fake". Can someone explain how/why they are different from what lenders see or is there a post about this somewhere on the forum? Thanks

niteflytes
      Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
      TU: 535

Comment

It's not that the scores are "fake", just there are slew of different scores that weigh various factors. FICO is just the most well known, but each CRA has their own scoring methodology and even Fair Issac Corp (the corp that created the FICO has other types of scores, one specifically for mortgages, cars, etc). But since there is more information about the FICO score available to consumers than any other scoring, consumers find it difficult to judge their credit worthiness if they see other scores.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X