What should your Credit Report State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should your Credit Report State?

What should your credit report state after discharge?

Should it state (on cc accounts): Discharged in BK, charged off, or something different?
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Typically, the entry will be
    "Discharged in Bankruptcy"

I would think that the entry of "Charge Off" would be inaccurate and therefore subject to challenge under the FCRA.

Comment

just make sure it mentions Bankruptcy and reflects a Zero Balance on each of the bad accounts you listed.

- Todd
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Does this mean anything included in Chapter 13 bankruptcy? "Zero" balances?

Comment

OK, so I'm now discharged as of today. How long do I wait to pull my credit report from the 3 agencies?
          Edyta...
          Discharged April 2005

Comment

I think at least 30 days, just to give them time to report it to all the agencies.

Comment

Yeah, give it about 30 to 60 days. If things haven't worked themselves out after 60 days, start writing the dispute letters.

Chapter 13 balances will generally not be zero'ed out until "discharge" (which happens after you completed the payment plan). It may reference "included in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy", but I don't think they zero balance.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X