? for those who have been rebuilding longer then me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for those who have been rebuilding longer then me

I currently have 3 credit cards. Only one has an annual fee ($150), which I'm going to be paying off in 3 weeks. I've had the card since Aug of last year, and I have never missed or been late on a payment. What are the odds that I can get the annual fee removed from the account. I know that different lenders have different rules about such things I just need to know if anyone have ever had one removed before.

Thanks,
    The 20 Fan

P.S.
    Also, I've recieved 2 credit limit increases.
    And before you ask, I want to pay the card off before I ask to have the limit removed so I can canel it on the spot if they say no!
    Last edited by NASCAR20FAN; 03-04-2007, 07:43 AM.
    My credit scores:
    Before Filing: Tr 496, Ex 496, Eq 507

Today: Tr 618 (+122), Ex 601 (+105), Eq 623 (+116)

Slim to none they will remove it. On a card that has $150 fee, thats obviously where they make their money. Better to cancel the card and upgrade to better ones.

Comment

Thats pretty high fee, I got offered one of those but didn't like the fact I had to pay an annual fee on top of THAT fee. In the end there seemed to be so many fees for this and that it just wasn't worth the trouble.

Im working on a getting a secured Platinum credit card with Millennium Bank. I determine what my credit limit will be based on my deposits in what they call a collateral saving account. Minimum deposit is $300, max $5000. There was an intial fee of $99 and there will be an annual fee of $59. I figured I've got to start somewhere until I get offers of credit without annual fees this one will have to do.

CMIYC
      Last edited by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN; 03-05-2007, 02:19 AM.
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Yeah, I thought so, but at the time it was the only offer I had.I guess I'll be canelling it at the end of the month. I was able to make all og my payments and even got 2 limit increases. So it's not all bad news
        My credit scores:
        Before Filing: Tr 496, Ex 496, Eq 507

Today: Tr 618 (+122), Ex 601 (+105), Eq 623 (+116)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X