X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 2011 before stopping payments: Experian 638
    July 2011 right before filing Ch. 7: Experian 610

January 2011 before stopping payments: Equifax 688
    January 2012 3 months post discharge before getting any credit cards: Equifax 617

I'm wondering if foreclosure sale of my house (1st and 2nd loans were included in bk) will cause a huge drop. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
      Still waiting on discharge, but my scores dropped over the last month. Not sure why, I haven't had any new credit activity, paying mortgage on time, etc.

578 (Transrisk)
      580 (VantageScore)
      UPDATED Credit Karma scores, 3 months after bankruptcy:

616 (Transrisk)
      674 (VantageScore)

Bumped up a ways these last couple of months.

I had an unfortunate problem after my bankruptcy discharged (end of December). I still had a balance of student loan money I wasn't aware of. I got dinged for a late payment before I had a chance to react to the letter they sent. My last BR payment was in August and I thought I was all done paying. I heard nothing until last month, and by that point (to them) I hadn't made a payment in a few months.

Once I straightened out the issue with my attorney--who forgot to mention that student loan providers can default me due to bankruptcy, and charge higher than normal interest leaving me with a post-bankruptcy bill--I made a payment and got that current quickly. Still about $2,000 worth of surprise debt. But whatever. That will be gone it 90 days tops. I kick debt's ass these days.

I picked up a Cap One unsecured CC with a $500 and am managing that. Using it/paying it down, etc. I don't need it and $500 is kind of a joke, but it's a credit building tool. I'll add another when I think I can qualify for a 2nd unsecured card.

Scores are still poor overall but not rock bottom. Once I knock out this little bit of student loan leftover debt I'll pull my credit reports and check for errors and whatnot and fix those. Pretty much from there it's just time.
      Last edited by jmh; 03-26-2012, 11:41 PM.
      February 2007 - Filed for Chapter 13, began 100% repayment plan.
      August 2011 - Final payment mailed off.
      December 2011 - Chapter 13 discharged.

Comment

My husband and I are filing Ch 13 this coming Wed., my current credit score is 730 and my husbands is 765. This is going to hurt, but it is the beginning of a new life for us, & we are looking forward to the future.
        Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

I was at 655 when I bought a car a couple of monts before filing. I had not yet missed any payments and had a history of always payin gon time, but a debt/income ratio of about 90%.

I am a little more than a year and a half post discharge, and Credit Karma puts me at 686. Only credit I've acquired since BK is a $500 limit card via Orchard Bank (now Capitol One).

Comment

I was close to 700 before I lost my job last year. Stopped paying creditors and my Credit Karma score was 585 the day of filing.

Comment

I just received my discharge on Friday. My credit karma is now 681 and 699.

Comment

avengers... I did some spring cleaning (as justbroke would say) and my credit score jumped 60 points. I am at 689 trans union pre- Chapter 13 discharge.... Working on my Equifax as I write this. Dispute filed on some errors showing like 25 missed pmts (during my bankruptcy) on my Chase card that was included in my bankruptcy. Ughhh. But if I didn't at least try and clean it up all those errors would hold my score down. Hoping to refinance either my mortgage or helco eventually...
                Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

The scores I listed before are inaccurate.

I stopped paying my bills in November 2013. By September 2014, my Credit Karma was 521. I filed chapter 7 in October 2014. My Credit Karma was 595 (I have no idea if this was before or after I filed). By November 2014, it was up to 671. I received my discharge in January and my Credit Karma scores were 681 and 699.

Now, in May 2015, I have 2 credit cards and my Credit Karma scores are 697 and 714. Nearly 200 point improvement! Not bad.

Keep in mind that Credit Karma is just their estimate and seems to be high. My actual FICO is 672 as of May 12 (after my 2nd credit card started reporting.) I didn't start a FICO subscription until March, when my score was 640.

Comment

avengers it takes time to rebuild your credit score but sounds like you are on the right path... I have been paying my Mortgage & Helco every month since Dec 2014 on time & I though mine would go up higher but they seem to have plateaued ... Guess it doesn't matter . Did buy a new car last month & got a good rate. That is all I plan on buying with credit in my lifetime.. One thing bankruptcy taught me was that I can live a cash only life ... If I don't have the cash then I have to save to buy it or wait a few days & the temptation goes away...
                    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Prior to filing for bankruptcy my score was 730 but after filing and going through the process and waiting for discharge letter via mail (60 day waiting period after 341 meeting was June 5, 2015), I checked my scored today and its 575. It went up from 570 several days ago.

Comment

Mine prior to filing was 705 and post discharge (which I just got last week) its at 581.

Comment

Ours were both around 800. 3 months after discharge we are both around 700. Not sure how this is possible but we are pretty happy with it!

Comment

Prior to filing, I'm 800, after my 5 years, chap 13 discharge, my score sits at TU 718, EQ 725 and Experian 736.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X