No announcement yet.

Cleaning Up Your Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can try calling the credit bureau and explaining the situation... sometimes if you can get a live person they may fix it right there. Usually you would do it in writing and use various methods but it seems like you're in a time crunch. The only other way is to call the original creditor and explain it to them...

I would also think that if the balance only shows up on one of your credit reports and its clearly an error that writing a letter to the underwriter explaining it should do the trick too... they can just look at your other two reports and they can check public records to see that the home is in fact foreclosed.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Does this apply to chapter 13 as well? I have written numerous letters to all three bureaus and Experian is the worst. I had an account with a department store that is part of the re-payment plan and they refuse to change it still shows the amount I owed when I went into chapter 13. I have been paying as agreed but they claim I still owe the money and won't agree to make a change. I have copies of all the letters I have sent and my credit is still 650 Experian and 665 Equifax. I had a real long history of great credit 750 and 765 until I had to declare chapter 13 after divorce. I am frustrated and need advise to help clean my credit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X