top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing judments (satisfying judgments on credit report)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing judments (satisfying judgments on credit report)

I was intitally told that I need to get a satisfaction of judgment via discharge form from the courts reporting these judgments to my hubbys report. I call the courts and they tell me that they have never heard of the form. They tell me that "notice of bankruptcy" has been filed for both judgments but they dont report balances, etc. How do you "satisfy" a judgment so it reports and paid on your credit report if they dont do that?

:grumble:

ETA: I understand it wont be labeled as paid...just a balance of zero will make me a happy camper. Or Satisfied.
    Last edited by persephone; 04-03-2008, 08:15 AM.

I dont know that it will say "PAID" on the report if the judgement was discharged. Typically the debt will still say '0' balance, and the status line may say 'Discharged under Ch. 13' or 7...but I dont think that proof of discharge will then update you to "paid."

If you actually pay a judgement balance, then the creditor will likely report your as 'paid derogatory.' Sometimes you can negotiate with the creditor...'If I pay the balance will you delete my account from the CB...or 'If I pay the account will you report me as "paid" instead of 'judgement satisfied.' 'Paid' looks better on your report than 'judgement satisfied.'

Comment

Along the same lines, we have a judgment from one of our cars.

The creditor received the notice of BK filing, and even filed their CLAIM - all before the date they filed the lien/judgment on our car. I know this violates the stay, but my lawyer wasn't willing to do anything about it.

So how do I fix that? I know it won't go away - but it shouldn't even reflect 'included in bk' because it should have never gone to a lien/public record. Right?

Comment

I disputed mine as IIB...and mine are no longer on the reports...now my surrendered vehicle..thats a different story
        Filed BK on 10/19...
        341 Meeting Scheduled 11/26 @ 10am
        Discharged 1/30/2008

Comment

Originally posted by cali girl View Post
          Along the same lines, we have a judgment from one of our cars.

The creditor received the notice of BK filing, and even filed their CLAIM - all before the date they filed the lien/judgment on our car. I know this violates the stay, but my lawyer wasn't willing to do anything about it.

So how do I fix that? I know it won't go away - but it shouldn't even reflect 'included in bk' because it should have never gone to a lien/public record. Right?

Yes, dispute that with the bureaus. Send copies of the creditor matrix (which shows them as a participating creditor), a copy of your Certificate of Service, and your discharge. Mail a set to all three bureaus asking that you want the status of you account to be corrected to IIB, and the balance changed to '0'.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X