cheapest 3-in-1 credit report service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheapest 3-in-1 credit report service?

So far the best I've been able to find through a search on here is through walmart financial services on transunion. It's $25 to start. Does anyone know of any cheaper services?

Truecredit will let you pull all 3 reports and scores (FAKOS) each day for their $14.95/mo service. Keep in mind tho that those scores really don't reflect your true FICO scores, but still good to be able to pull all 3 reports every day to see changes, and I've read where you can sign up for a couple of different services like Truecredit and CreditKarma and if you pull each day, after a few weeks, you'll see hard inquiries come off your EX and TU reports.
    Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

I'm still using TrueCredit because they gave me another 30 days. So far my impression is it's only good for for the free 30 trial period. I have found discrepencies between what TC reports and what is on my true reports. That alone didn't impress me very much. I also got an email alert for something that happened 7 weeks earlier. Glitch in the system they said. So much for timely monitoring.

TC will give you a free 30 trial. During that period I got most of the errors disputed and fixed. After you dispute an error you'll be eligible to pull, from the bureau of dispute, a true copy of the report, for free.

As far as monitoring goes: Any company that says they are monitoring your credit will only be as good as the information posted from the three bureaus. In other words, if one of the bureaus is dragging their butt on updating something in your report, you still won't see it from the service doing the monitoring, until the update is posted. All the monitoring service does is report what the 3 bureaus are doing.

This is just my opinion but I think the whole credit monitoring thing is over-rated. It doesn't do much to "prevent" anything from happening. I think once your reports are cleaned up I don't know why anyone would need to check up on it more than twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by jp2861 View Post
        I'm still using TrueCredit because they gave me another 30 days. So far my impression is it's only good for for the free 30 trial period. I have found discrepencies between what TC reports and what is on my true reports. That alone didn't impress me very much. I also got an email alert for something that happened 7 weeks earlier. Glitch in the system they said. So much for timely monitoring.

TC will give you a free 30 trial. During that period I got most of the errors disputed and fixed. After you dispute an error you'll be eligible to pull, from the bureau of dispute, a true copy of the report, for free.

As far as monitoring goes: Any company that says they are monitoring your credit will only be as good as the information posted from the three bureaus. In other words, if one of the bureaus is dragging their butt on updating something in your report, you still won't see it from the service doing the monitoring, until the update is posted. All the monitoring service does is report what the 3 bureaus are doing.

This is just my opinion but I think the whole credit monitoring thing is over-rated. It doesn't do much to "prevent" anything from happening. I think once your reports are cleaned up I don't know why anyone would need to check up on it more than twice a year.

well i think once i get my CRs cleaned up, i'll probably cancel it. i signed up for the 14.95 deal on truecredit. i'd still like to keep a closer eye on my credit score monthly though. is there a good place to get your FICO score for cheap?

Comment

www.mycreditkeeper.com....$9.99 a month
          Filed BK on 10/19...
          341 Meeting Scheduled 11/26 @ 10am
          Discharged 1/30/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X