Reviewing Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviewing Credit Report

In reviewing my credit reports I have noted the following issue.

Accounts that contain a negative account status.
    Filed Chap 7 : 9/11/2007
    341 Meeting : 10/10/2007
    Deadline for objections: 12/10/2007 Discharged 12/11/07 Closed 12/14/07

If I recall correctly, the late(s) will remain on your CR, even though the debt had been discharged. The account should show $0 balance and IIB though.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

It actually continues to show as an open account where as the others are all listed under closed accounts. Also it reflects delinquent in July 07 which would be right as the last payment I made was in June. But then it shows paid as agreed for all months thereafter but I have not made any payments. Confusing.

BassBoy, thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Go read the thread 'Not sure what to do' which was started on 2-4-08. It discusses this very topic. In the end, I hated to be the bearer of bad news, but creditors can continue to show the balance after discharge. There is currently no law that says that it has to be '0'. There have been court cases won where the creditor has actively harassed and pursued the debtor...been overly inflexible in responding to disputes about the balance showing...and those cases have been won.

The law says that discharge means that they can no longer try to collect the debt, but it doesnt yet say that the balance has to be zero'd out. The Feds are aware of the problem, and they agree that its a technicality, but for now the law has not been changed.

Definitely dispute these. I have been totally successfull in getting the balances removed, but this other poster says that her creditor would not budge.

Comment

Thanks bkdone, I will just keep disputing. This is the only account I have that I feel needs action.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X