Dell Preferred Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Preferred Account

I opened a Dell Preferred Account credit card a few months back. The bank is CIT Group.

Anyone ever heard of this bank.

Good or bad experiences about the Dell Credit Card. I'd like to hear about them.

Thanks.

CIT Bank Private Label Credit

CIT Bank provides private label credit card customer financing, consumer revolving credit and installment financing programs to manufacturers, dealers, distributors, and retailers of consumer-related products and services with annual credit sales of $10 million or more.

Our programs, which include white label consumer revolving credit and installment products, offers your customers a competitive rate, prompt credit decisions, and a fast way to purchase your products. White Label consumer credit products enhance sales and cash flow, and CIT Bank can design a program for you and your customers.

I have a DELL account as well. Opened this account in May 08. From the description above, they primarily offer businesses, like DELL, the opportunity to make credit available for their customers.
    Last edited by BassBoy; 08-04-2008, 07:47 AM.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

I had my Dell account prior to BK but never used it and it remained open with a 4K balance. I used it to buy a tv on the 0 interest program and now paying it off to help rebuild my credit. No bad experiences but no reason to have a bad experience.

Logan

Comment

i included my dell account in my bk; i don't have much positive to say really. they were quick to raise the apr when i missed a payment; they raised it to unrealness and i have paid for the computer i bought from them nearly twice and still the balance climbed. if you can gaurantee you will not ever miss a payment, and they start you at a decent rate, i'd say you might be safe considering it. but otherwise, walk away, fast.
        Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
        (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

I also had an account with Dell 0 balance when I filed. I ordered a computer 4 days out of discharge thinking they would pull my credit and then close my account. So far it appears they are going to send me a computer. I used them a few years before BK and paid it off no problems or complaints about their credit services.

Comment

I bought my laptop for college and financed through them two years ago. I got a good deal with 0% interest for a year - I paid it off in 10 months, never missed a payment, and then closed the account.

I think they would probably be good for a post BK account.
            FILED!: August 11, 2008 * Pre-Filing Fico Score - 643 * 341: October 8, 2008 * Last Day for Objections: December 7, 2008
            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
              I had my Dell account prior to BK but never used it and it remained open with a 4K balance. I used it to buy a tv on the 0 interest program and now paying it off to help rebuild my credit. No bad experiences but no reason to have a bad experience.

Logan
              Logan
              Did you add them in you BK? I have an account and am still paying on it for a camera I purchased about a year ago I have had the accound for years and paid it off then I use it for Printer ink etc., should I just keep paying or will this be noted to them when I file my BK? Thanks for your help.

Comment

I have a Dell account, and never had a problem. It is still open with a zero balance. The few times I used the card, I paid it off in full.

Comment

I am personally not a fan of Dell. They were hard when I was filing BK. They eventually summons me and all their Debt collectors were so rude! but thats just me! I would never reopen and account with them.

Comment

Originally posted by scubaman View Post
                    Logan
                    Did you add them in you BK? I have an account and am still paying on it for a camera I purchased about a year ago I have had the accound for years and paid it off then I use it for Printer ink etc., should I just keep paying or will this be noted to them when I file my BK? Thanks for your help.
                    I had opened the account prior to BK and never used them. I bought a TV and used the DELL card to get the 0% interest rate and I figured it would be a good way to get my credit score up.

Logan

Comment

For those of you that filed and included Dell, did they ask for the computers back? I wonder if I should just pay the $2500 I owe them before filing. I really need my systems to work from home!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X