CHEX SYSTEMS...im on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHEX SYSTEMS...im on it

I am sure I am not the only one who is trying to open an account but cant because their name is on chexsystems.

I am in the process of trying to remove mine.

So far I have a number for you to call and actually SPEAK to someone.
    I called and let them know what the situation was and that the account on the system was discharged in bk.

They gave me another number for the department that deals with the bk issues. I called and they told me what documents to fax to them. Fax already sent.

They said after rec the fax, it usually takes 8-10 days to process and that I will rec the conclusion in the mail. They did not say it was be removed..more like they will get back to me with their conclusion.

I will update you all if i was actually removed or whatever the conclusion is.

Yes, please let us know. I just googled CHEX and from what I have read, you stay in their database for 5 years. You have the right to correct any incorrect info, but if it is ACCURATE and negative for you, you are stuck.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

When I worked at a Credit Union we pulled Chex Systems and they showed BK's as well as bad accounts. If the person had a BK we did not open a checking account for them....only a savings.
      Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
      DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
      Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
      Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I am trying to open an acct with a credit union and they said it has to come off of chexsystems before they will open it. we will see how that goes. you kow how run arounds are.

BTW..i think this credit union open a savings account for you and the checking comes with it free.

Comment

Update

Chex system REMOVED the bad apple from my name. I was finally able to open a checking account with a credit union.

so there you go people. it seems the bankruptcy will remove your name from chex system.

Comment

My wife filed 2004 and she was able to open a BANK and CU checking/savings with no problem. So like BK Trustee's it sounds like not everyone plays by the same rule book.

I filed recently and luckly my BK attny said to open a savings/checking so I hope all is ok - and reading above - for the next 5 years.
            Filed: 01/23/08
            341 Meeting: 02/29/08
            Discharged: 04/30/08
            Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

So what's the number to call chexsystems and actually SPEAK to someone?

Comment

1-800-513-7125

Comment

is calling them the only way to find out if you're in their system (other than trying to open an account?)

thanks.
                  Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                  (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Calling them is probably the best way to find out if you are in the system.
                    I tried to open an account in 2005 and that request showed up on the report I got. So instead of going to the bank and get turned down...to me its less hassle to call them.

Comment

Bankruptcy WILL get your good name removed from Chex Systems.

You can also go online and pull a FREE report here:
                      BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

I thought the only reason your name would be on Chex Systems was if you bounced a check??

Comment

There are several reasons to end up on chex systems... Mine was from letting the monthly fees rack up on an account that I had no money to deposit in... Then the account closed. I never actually bounced a check, but I did overdraft on a few occasions. I have been removed from Chex Systems since filing. The system is flawed and unfair.
                          Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
                          Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
                          60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

I can see why you would be put on there for that since it actually involved the bank account. But I don't see how filing BK, unless you included a bank account for fees or bounced checks, would get you on Chex System.

Originally posted by NowImDownInIt View Post
                            There are several reasons to end up on chex systems... Mine was from letting the monthly fees rack up on an account that I had no money to deposit in... Then the account closed. I never actually bounced a check, but I did overdraft on a few occasions. I have been removed from Chex Systems since filing. The system is flawed and unfair.

Comment

Dont question it. I think its good that the bankru can remove your name from the system. Now if I could get my name removed from the credit system to show that I have never had a credit card in my life..that would be good.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X