top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Free Enhanced Credit Monitoring Service due to Trans Union Class Action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Free Enhanced Credit Monitoring Service due to Trans Union Class Action.

It looks legitimate to me...

This is the settlement website for the In re Trans Union Corporation Privacy Litigation class action settlement. Preliminary approval for the settlement was granted on May 28, 2008.

https://www.listclassaction.com/

If you had a credit card, loan or credit account, you could get benefits from a class action settlement.

To receive benefits from this settlement, you must register by September 24, 2008. You may register for the following benefit options:

1) Sign up for six months of credit monitoring services. If you select this option, you can also register to possibly receive cash benefits in the event of a cash distribution or file an individual lawsuit against the Defendants.

2) Sign up for nine months of enhanced credit monitoring services. If you select this option, you will not receive any further benefits, including a cash payment, and you will not be able to file an individual lawsuit against the Defendants.

3) Register to possibly receive a cash payment. If you select this option, you can also sign up for six months of credit monitoring; however if you receive a cash payment, you cannot file an individual lawsuit against the Defendants.

If you have registered to receive credit monitoring, you will have six months after the Court grants final approval of the settlement and all appeals are resolved to activate your credit monitoring benefit. If you register for one or more of the benefits provided by this settlement, you will be notified about how to obtain these benefits after the Court grants final approval to the settlement and all appeals are resolved. If cash benefits become available they will not be distributed until at least two years after the Court grants final approval.
    Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Has anyone done this yet?

Comment

It's legit...

You can sign up today to receive free credit monitoring services from the credit bureau TransUnion due to a settlement the company reached on a class-action lawsuit.

I've signed up.
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
        Has anyone done this yet?
        I just used PACER to lookup the case number in the district the case is filed in and it looks legitimate. (The Docket Report is 30 pages long.) I went ahead and registered.
        Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
          I just used PACER to lookup the case number in the district the case is filed in and it looks legitimate. (The Docket Report is 30 pages long.) I went ahead and registered.
          Perfect timing...thanks for this, Keebler.
          Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
          341 meeting: July 18, 2008
          last day for objections: September 16, 2008
          DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Thanks Keebler!

Comment

I couldn't find how soon after I would be able to use the service; does anyone know or have a link for this?

Comment

17. When will I get my benefits?
                If you register for one or more of the benefits provided by this settlement, you will be notified about how to
                obtain these benefits after the Court grants final approval to the settlement and all appeals are resolved. If
                cash benefits become available they will not be distributed until at least two years after the Court grants final
                approval. The final approval hearing is scheduled for September 10, 2008. Updates will be available on the
                website.

Comment

Thanks Keeb.
                  California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Thanks !!
                    It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

Final approval has been granted...

Originally posted by Keebler View Post
                      17. When will I get my benefits?
                      If you register for one or more of the benefits provided by this settlement, you will be notified about how to
                      obtain these benefits after the Court grants final approval to the settlement and all appeals are resolved. If
                      cash benefits become available they will not be distributed until at least two years after the Court grants final
                      approval. The final approval hearing is scheduled for September 10, 2008. Updates will be available on the
                      website.
                      According to their web site, the final approval has finally happened. I haven't been notified yet, though - has anybody who registered gotten a message about this?
                      Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
                      341 meeting: July 18, 2008
                      last day for objections: September 16, 2008
                      DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X