top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WaMu/Petsmart offer!! Wow! No pre-approval needed either.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WaMu/Petsmart offer!! Wow! No pre-approval needed either.

Its been one year since we filed. My wife got an offer from Petsmart/WaMu for a visa, preapproved for a PetSmart Visa that can be between 1000 and 5000 dollars they say. So I got online and put the pre-approval code in, etc., and she got $5,000 credit line!!

I went there for myself to see if I could get one in my name too without a pre-approval letter. Their web address is https://www.providiancard.com/bap/pe...01012008petsmt

I got approved for $3,000!!! Combined, my wife and I now have $11,000 credit together between this and Cap One.

Just a heads up to anyone looking for a card. No pre-approval in the mail needed if you go to the site above.

*the only thing that scares me is the web addy says providian. We filed on providian. Still got approved though And whats Chases relationship to WaMu? I filed on Chase too, but just for a $1400 circuit city card (I kept the 50" big screen they wanted back.)
    Last edited by JasonK94Z; 10-12-2008, 06:54 AM.
    Filed Ch7 - 10/2/07 no asset
    341 Meeting - 10/29/07
    Discharge - March 2008 forgot the date

Providian was bought out/merged by/with Wamu in 2004. In my 2004 filing, before the merger/buyout, I had included a Providian card ($3500). Was discharged. In early 2005 I had received one of those pre-approval things from Wamu. Sent it in and bingo they approved me with a limit of $1500. This was a Visa. Later that year, 2005 they offered me one of their MCs, and again received one with a $1500 limit. By now both of them limits of $2500. Obviously Providian's computer system and Wamu's system were never married.
    Don't know how long it will take for Chase's and Wamu's systems to get married.

Comment

I just applied too for the heck of it.......Got approved for $1000 credit line.

Will be interesting to see what happens here. We used to have our mortgage with Wamu, until they sold it to Wells Fargo a few years ago.
      We DID bk on Chase..........so we'll see what happens down the road.

In the meantime, I should not use over 20% of my available balance, correct. Oh, and I do plan on paying it off each month, just wondering about the percentage................

Thanks for the tip.

K

PS: just realized I put in about $10,000 less per year in household income than we really make. I think that's a GOOD thing, cause this way, my CL is smaller......just starting to rebuild, so that's fine by me
      Last edited by krielly; 10-13-2008, 08:58 AM.
      You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Originally posted by JasonK94Z View Post
        I got approved for $3,000!!! Combined, my wife and I now have $11,000 credit together between this and Cap One.
        Seems like you are heading right back down the wrong side of the road.
        Why would you want or need $10k + in CC less then a year after a discharge or 5 years for that matter.
        I myself would like to rebuild our credit asap as we want to get into a house asap, but no way in hell am I trying to get $5k-$10k in credit to do it.

I will settle for $1k or $2k just fine, charge the monthly bills to it and pay it off monthly. I am not getting back in the ringer again.
        *Filed Chp 7 bk 10/03/07 *DISCHARGED 2/4/08!!
        CLOSED 3/24/08 *10-14-08
        FUTURE HERE WE COME

Comment

Originally posted by OneDay View Post
          Why would you want or need $10k + in CC less then a year after a discharge or 5 years for that matter.
          I myself would like to rebuild our credit asap as we want to get into a house asap, but no way in hell am I trying to get $5k-$10k in credit to do it.

I will settle for $1k or $2k just fine, charge the monthly bills to it and pay it off monthly. I am not getting back in the ringer again.
          A larger credit line can help raise your score. You don't have to use it.

I'm 1 year out of BK and have 4 credit cards for a total of $20,500 but I have no balance as I pay them off every month and currently have a score of 682.

Logan

Comment

From what I have read, the percentage you use of that available balance is what is key to your credit rating.

Hopefully we all (myself included) have learned from our filing. My plan is to use my card for gas during the month, and then pay it off in full each month when I get my statement. Should keep my use to 15-20%.

I see it often in this rebuilding credit section that folks are chastised for opening lines of credit. How else are we to rebuild?

It's nice that folks are concerned, but perhaps the responses from some could be toned down just a tad...........
            You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I wasn't necessarly trying to be judgementmal by what I said originally.
              I would think that we all would like to rebuild our credit to make things in life easier.
              I know that it is a lengthy process as well and would hate to see some caught up in CC again.

I actually had to laugh the day we filed.
              Our attorney actually said in our first meeting.... "If this is your first BK, you are doing pretty good" HAHA apparently the lady infront of us was on her 4th BK. YES 4th....
              *Filed Chp 7 bk 10/03/07 *DISCHARGED 2/4/08!!
              CLOSED 3/24/08 *10-14-08
              FUTURE HERE WE COME

Comment

4th??? Oh my!
                Nothing personal, I think I have just seen a lot of posts lately that seem harsh, yours was just the last one I saw before I actually said something about it.

I hope I never see the inside of a BK court again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have read that your credit limit does affect your score since someone with a 10K limit needs to be more responsible than if they had a 1K limit. Of course the balance on these would also make a difference in your score.

I like higher limits since I charge about 1500 a month so having a 7K credit card keeps the percentage low.

From privacyrights.org

How do the types of loans I have affect my credit score?

Major bank credit cards with good payment records are better for your score than a department store card. Loans or credit established with a finance company, even when you have a good payment record, do not carry as much weight as a major bank card. A major bank card says you are in the mainstream of credit where credit limits can reach the stratosphere with a good payment record.

A revolving credit card such as with a department store generally carries a very low credit limit. One who seeks credit from a finance company may be considered in the high-risk category and ineligible for the mainstream credit market. Installment loans such as car loans and mortgages have a positive effect on your credit score although a high loan balance-to-value ratio can detract from your score.

Comment

I am glad that some of you were able to get in with Wamu, but I can say that Providian and WAMU do have ties to old accounts. My dh BK'd on Providian and I did NOT, I had an account with a ZERO balance and when I started to get in over my head, providian closed the account, I was never late and didn't have a balance when they closed it.

I tried to apply to WAMU on 2 seperate occasions and the first time I was denied do to have any address associated with a deliquent account?? And then denied again for having an old account not kept in good standing, so they do have a memory for some.

But good luck to all that were able to get back in with them

Comment

Originally posted by OneDay View Post

I travel often to France and China for my new job I started 6 months ago. They won't give me an American Express, so I need credit for travel. It gets paid back to me as soon as I get my travel reports signed off on. I then pay the card off immediately. Both my wife and I learned a hard lesson with out bk7 and will never go down that road again. Thanks for your concern though!

PS - Its crazy lately. My wife is a stay at home mom. She gets more pre-approvals than anyone I've seen, more than me! I never get any. She has more credit now than I do. She got a Juniper offer and got $3000 in credit today. ALL OF THESE CARDS STAY LOCKED IN THE SAFE! She absolutely hates the sight of credit cards and is only getting them in order to build credit. We hope to buy a house in a year. This is it. We each have 3 cards now, capital one, wamu, and now we both have juniper (i found an offer online and got $2700). The chase for plastic is over. I alternate their usage with my trips to keep them active. They only get used for reimbursable business trips!
                      Last edited by JasonK94Z; 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM.
                      Filed Ch7 - 10/2/07 no asset
                      341 Meeting - 10/29/07
                      Discharge - March 2008 forgot the date

Comment

I wonder how much longer they're going to offer that WAMU card after they got bought out by JP Morgan Chase. Either way, I will look into that as it can't hurt to increase my credit line - as long as I resist the urge to spend it!
                        URL Removed by Admin

Comment

Wow, that's random.....................

Comment

I used my card for the first time about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Just put about $50 in gas on it. I plan to do this each month - charge anywhere from 50 - 100 in gas and pay it off in full when I get my statement.

Anyhow....I get home yesterday, and I had a letter from WAMU/Petsmart. They sent me a $20 gift card from Petsmart as a "thank you" for becoming a card holder.

Pretty cool.................

K

Comment

this card

weird - I was approved for a $3k limit on capital one week after discharge was on all three bureau reports - but declined on this offer. I am in build credit mode, and did not file BK for consumer debt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X