IIB accounts how they impact score??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIB accounts how they impact score??

I'm 3 years past BK7 discharge. When I pull mall my reports my accounts that were IIB are all listed correctly. My question is how do these accounts impact my FICO? Also, when I review the summary screen for the 3 buraus it always list the IIB as derogatory accounts. Is it worth trying to dispute these off to raise my score or do they not count against my FICO score since I am taking a huge hit with the BK7 listing?

Thanks.

Derogatory means there is a bad mark for the account. The bad mark being IIB. You can not dispute an account that is accurate. You're wasting your time. All that matters is when you look at the account, that the account is accurate.

Your score took the hit when your debts were discharged, and since it's been 3 years, your credit has had time to heal.

What helps raise your score is a little rebuilding. If you haven't opened any new accounts (i.e. auto loan or credit card), you're credit will probably go nowhere. Any reason why you're concerned about your score, other than just wanting a good score?
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Why wouldn't anyone want a beter credit score. There are a hundred obvious reasons.

Comment

the only 2 possible I can think of are:
        1. for an employer who pulls credit
        2. apply for a mortgage

Comment

3. Being in a position down the road where you absolutely HAVE to obtain credit - i.e. - need a new furnace and wanting to ensure you can get credit, and at the lowest possible rate.

Honestly, I really don't understand why some people are so adamantly opposed to credit in general. Yes, I agree - credit can be a bad thing. I know, been there, done that, got the t shirt, but it can also be a good thing, when used wisely and only out of necessity, and even then ONLY when you can afford to pay it off in a reasonable amount of time.

Just try buying a house without credit.........a little tough to do
          You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X