top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you start receiving credit card offers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you start receiving credit card offers?

I heard that when you file you will start receiving all kinds of offers, I haven't received any. Also, I am interested in rebuilding my credit again, when can I do this? Last day for objections is 3/24, do I do it after that?
    Filed Chapter 7 Petition: 12/22/2008

341 Meeting: 1/23/2009

I would think you could start right after your discharged and closed.

Comment

Thank you. It's strange that I haven't received any offers in the mail.
      Filed Chapter 7 Petition: 12/22/2008

341 Meeting: 1/23/2009

Comment

Well I have no experience since I havent even filied yet...from what others are saying you will get them. Maybe not as soon as before with all thats going on. Another thing have you read the "stickys". If I remember correctly there is one on the subject of rebuilding and lists the BK friendly creditiors
        Here ya go darlin'

Comment

You'll get them the day after it is discharged. Don't take on any debt until it is discharged.

When I filed in the late 90's (Chap 7), I had good credit after 2 years. I got credit cards (not bad rates either) right after it discharged. I bought another home 2 years later at (5.5%). Keep in mind credit has obviously changed since them (meaning banks aren't putting out much due to this economical fiasco)

After discharge, I follow-up with my three credit reports and had everything updated (disputed) to show all of my debts were included in BK, discharged, and a balance of zero. I actually got a car a dumped just prior to my filing completely removed as the creditor filed to respond to my dispute within the 30 day limit.

After my discharge, I got a Captial One card and a HSBC card (18%
          each) even though my BK included several of those accounts.

ALSO, if you had bad credit when you filed, a BK7 is actually good for your credit believe it or not. The creditors know you can't file again for years down the road.

Just get one or two cards after you file and pay on time and don't max out the balances.
          Chapter 13 filed 08/07 60 month plan... $250.00 per month. 2 years to go!

Comment

I discharged in Sept. 08 and received my first offer about 8 months later.

Comment

I get credit card offers but they are nothing that I am really interested in. I did however apply for Orchard and Hooters and I was approved for both of them. The only thing that I am getting in the mail daily are offers to finance a new car.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X