Got a credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a credit card

For kicks, I pulled my credit report last week. It showed 3 score avg of 650. So, I thought I'd give it a shot, I applied for two cards, at the same time. One thru HSBC, the other, one of those ones where you have to pay about 180.00 in fees, plus montly fees, plus high interest, you know the ones.
    Anyway, I come home today, and in the mail is th HSBC one, American Dreamcard. The interest rate sucks, 21.99 for purchases, 29.99 for cash advance, however, NO ANNUAL FEE, no montly fees, etc. Its a regular card, with a high rate, as I expected. Now the kicker. 1900.00 limit. I was hoping for 500.00. So, I guess it is possible to get credit, even in these bad times, and even so soon after a BK. BTW, I filed in 8/07, discharged in 11/07. I've been paying cash for everything since. If the "other" card shows up, I'll just cancel it, since their terms say it can be cancelled within 30 days.
    So now I feel like I'm back on the road to recovery. My goal is to use this card for my normal bills I can put on a card, like my internet service, and then just pay it off every month. Hopefully, this will raise my score some more, and maybe in another two years, I can save a little bit up, and buy a small house.
    Oh, and one more thing, HSBC was one of my creditors who got discharged. But I also paid off alot of accounts with them before this whole BK thing, so maybe that counted for something.

Congrats
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

HSBC American Dream gave me a credit card in 2006. My BK ch 7 discharge was in 2003.

The good thing about American Dream for me is the fact that there is no annual fee or other charges. You just have to pay the interest rate if you carry a balance.

My purchase interest rate is 15.49%. They may have raised the rates for you as the economy has tanked but it is still a great card.

Go Figure

My FICOS today are 749, 739 and 676

After my BK they where all in the 400's

I have cleaned up my credit reports over the years. The only thing showing on them now is the BK and two charge offs from prior to the BK. My new credit keeps my scores up there. However, I get rejected for credit from the big banks due to the BK
      9/2003 FICO scores TU 498, EX 525, EQ 505 (discharge date)

2/2009 FICO scores TU 749, EX 739, EQ 676

Comment

After reading this I applied at HSBC and was approoved now I can ditch this premier credit card what a rip off.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X