Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanya0525 View Post
    I am three months post BK. Denied by Orchard/Household/Capitalone (due to bankruptcy is what the denial letter states...even the secured card thru Orchard ..... I have only gotten approved by Credit One and I was still able to hold on to my Macy's card thru bankruptcy ($100 limit). I just want something to start rebuilding.

Tanya
    After this, I got approved for Best Buy Reward Mastercard $300 limit no AF.
    Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
    Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
    On The Road To Rebuilding
    5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

Grats to you! I have a 500 limit Best Buy card and a 1100 limit hooters card. Both of which I'm happy with.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

My problem is all the cards that people suggest are ones from companoes that were part of my bankruptcy.(Best Buy,Capital one, HSBC,First Premier). Orchard bank sends me emails for a card but since they are HSBC I don't even try. I did get a Hooters card with $500.00 so i guess ill have to use that to rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by blueking5 View Post
          My problem is all the cards that people suggest are ones from companies that were part of my bankruptcy.(Best Buy,Capital one, HSBC,First Premier). Orchard bank sends me emails for a card but since they are HSBC I don't even try. I did get a Hooters card with $500.00 so i guess ill have to use that to rebuild
          Do not worry if you previously bk'd a company. I bk'd capital one and they still approved me. The only companies that blacklist you are American express and Discover. Apply for those cards even if you included them.

Comment

Originally posted by rose1 View Post
            Do not worry if you previously bk'd a company. I bk'd capital one and they still approved me. The only companies that blacklist you are American express and Discover. Apply for those cards even if you included them.
            How many months after you were discharged did you apply?

Comment

Originally posted by blueking5 View Post
              How many months after you were discharged did you apply?
              6 months.

Comment

I dunno about that... I bk'd capital one and they will not touch me. The reason I get is: deliquency with capital one. I don't even think they have checked my credit when they give me that reason.

I'm guessing its because I got a capital one card 3 months before I filed for bk and got rid of 1,500 dollars of debt.

I even have a preapproval offer for them when I go to their website, but then they still deny me. :/
                BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                  I dunno about that... I bk'd capital one and they will not touch me. The reason I get is: delinquency with capital one. I don't even think they have checked my credit when they give me that reason.

I'm guessing its because I got a capital one card 3 months before I filed for bk and got rid of 1,500 dollars of debt.

I even have a preapproval offer for them when I go to their website, but then they still deny me. :/
                  They wrote off my $3000 balance in 2002 so maybe that's why. I vaguely remember that they did deny me because of the same reason: delinquency with capital one, but I applied a 2nd time 45 days later and was approved with a $500 limit.

Comment

Yea I've tried a few times first time was closer to my discharge date and last time was last month I believe.

Comment

Do the soft pull on Cap1 and/or Orchard and you might be surprised... I had a Cap1 denied after my discharged, they told me to reapply in 45 days and guess what $500 CL and $39 AF, I Bk'd 3 cards with them totaling $4,000, just give it sometime.
                      November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                        I dunno about that... I bk'd capital one and they will not touch me. The reason I get is: deliquency with capital one. I don't even think they have checked my credit when they give me that reason.

Yep that is the same response that I got from Cap 1, Orchard, and Household bank.

Tanya

Comment

Amex Question

Does Amex blacklist you forever? Would applying for one and being turned down hurt my credit score? I'm trying to raise it. According to my rating on Transunion, my score (670) is only viewed as "fair". There are two derogatory marks in addition to the BK - small medical bills that I just forgot to pay and ended up in collections (total of the two together is less than $200). They were opened in mid-2006 and reported in early 2007.
                          Filed: August, 2003
                          Discharged: Thanksgiving Eve, 2003

Total Consumer Debt Granted Since BK: $6,100
                          Total Consumer Debt Left to Pay Off: $1,300 (Plus $50K+ in Student Loans ... )

Comment

Originally posted by tess_bk View Post
                            Does Amex blacklist you forever? Would applying for one and being turned down hurt my credit score? I'm trying to raise it. According to my rating on Transunion, my score (670) is only viewed as "fair". There are two derogatory marks in addition to the BK - small medical bills that I just forgot to pay and ended up in collections (total of the two together is less than $200). They were opened in mid-2006 and reported in early 2007.
                            Don't even bother. Amex wants good credit history. They have been closing accounts and
                            reducing credit lines.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya0525 View Post
                              Don't even bother. Amex wants good credit history. They have been closing accounts and
                              reducing credit lines.

Tanya
                              Yeah my mom who has pretty good credit just got a letter in the mail from Amex, they reduced her $5000 credit limit to $3783 or some odd number like that.....she just called them and told them to f-off pretty much.....she has excellent payment history, has never even gone near her credit limit and they do that to her - yes we understand the credit crisis but Amex has just gone too far. My cousin who also has good credit just got a letter from Amex stating that they are closing his Blue card - he didn't seem to care too much since he's got some other cards but I as far as I'm concerned I will never become an Amex customer again!
                              Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

On my BK I kept one credit card off the BK list: my Discover card. The credit limit was only $500 and I was never late. Always paid off every month. I was surprised that it wasn't close after I filed for BK. They didn't. So now, I am using that one to rebuild my credit.
                                What is the best way to watch how your credit gets rebuilt ?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X