Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Credit Cards

I have an Aspire Visa unsecured. The fee is high ($150.00 per year, $6.95 per month maintenance), the limit is low, only $300.00. These people were very upfront about fees and charges. They report to Experian as an unsecured card. Read this carefully, I have checked my Experian, TransUnion and Equifax Report and can say that they report as a regular Credit Card to Experian monthly.

I read alot about Aspire in "Ripoff-Reports" online. I read about a ton of others also. Right on up to my Old favorite Chase Platinum Visa. However i have had no trouble with Aspire whatsoever.

I signed an Agreement with my Credit Union to maintain my Visa with them in good standing and have taken a signature loan ($1000.00) with them also.

Rebuilding is slow and dealing with CRA mopup is a hassle. Generally you cannot get a BK removed the agencies scan the Public Records. Most companies respond to an investigation. The upside is that you can get the iformation to read correctly. That is a huge help.
    Last edited by robivi3; 11-01-2004, 08:30 PM.
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Just a note:

I still have this Aspire Visa card and they are reporting to all three CRA's. Their pay online service is expensive, $15.00 per payment, so I snail mail. Payments are reported promptly, information is obtainable by phone and internet. so far this has been a good card. I am looking forward to a Credit Line Increase this month or next.
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Hello. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Orchard Bank credit card. I just got an offer in the mail for one of these cards. $59 annual fee and looks like $3.50 monthly maint fee. I'm sure the limit is low like $300.00 but I guess I wont know until I am actually approved. It actually says "Pre-selected" and not "Pre-approved". Anyone know if these guys report every month? I'm looking to rebuild my credit and the fees here seem to be much cheaper than Aspire. I will go with Aspire if I must because of the great review by Robivi3. Your info is appreciated Robivi3. Thank you. -Joe

Comment

Don't go to Aspire just based on what i have stated. I researched the Cards through Ripoffreports.com. Aspire does have numerous complaints. As far as the State of Florida goes they seem to be few. Research any card thoroughly before you accept it.

Type in some keywords that will bring up different reports for the cards you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3
            Don't go to Aspire just based on what i have stated. I researched the Cards through Ripoffreports.com. Aspire does have numerous complaints. As far as the State of Florida goes they seem to be few. Research any card thoroughly before you accept it.

Type in some keywords that will bring up different reports for the cards you are looking for.

Oh. Didnt know that. I guess thats why i'm here asking questions. Just started researching different credit cards and got an offer in the mail from Orchard. Gonna do some digging right now. Thanks for the link and info.

Comment

Orchard Bank Vs. Aspire

Hi,
              I have both the Apire and the Orchard Bank Card. I defintely prefer the Aspire Card. They are reporting to the CRA's every month. They also have been very good about increasing my limit. I have had the Orchard Bank card for over a year and they have yet to increase my limit and I have been on time every month. Orchard is also snail slow in reporting to the CRA's. I have credit watch so I check it every day to make sure my payments are being reported. I have had the Aspire card for about 8 month and they have increased my credit limit twice. The only thing I don't like about Aspire card is when I intially obtained it I had problems with activating it. Once received they make you pay a fee before you can use it which is drawn from your checking account. This was not disclosed in the intial paperwork they sent me. After the fee was deducted from bank I had to call and make sure that my card was now activated. The call center is in India, so the reps are hard to understand. I was told on 3 seperate occasions that the card was okay to use. When I went to use it each time the card was declined. Received several different explanations on why the card would not activated, but after about a week the whole thing was straightened out.

Comment

Thanks for the info midori76. I still havent picked a card yet and am still trying to decide.

Comment

My husband was declined for the Aspire Visa on their 30-sec application. Will this show as a credit inquiry? I'm very despressed now, how are we going to rebuild our credit if we cannot get a credit card?

Comment

Originally posted by daneyb
                    My husband was declined for the Aspire Visa on their 30-sec application. Will this show as a credit inquiry? I'm very despressed now, how are we going to rebuild our credit if we cannot get a credit card?
                    Several factors exist as to why your husband was denied. He may not have met Aspire's credit approval criterias. Also, how long as it been since the BK? Does all three CRA's accurately represent your credit report? yes, this denial will have some affect on your husband's credit report. Just save, save, and save!!! ;) Before you know it, secured credit card vendors will be sending you "pre-approved" applications!

Good Luck!

-Todd
                    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Could i be deined a secured card

Just a quick one on secured cards is it possible to be denied one? I don't unterstand they have your money and you get nothing in return except the cc to use up to your limit of finds in their bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd
                        Several factors exist as to why your husband was denied. He may not have met Aspire's credit approval criterias. Also, how long as it been since the BK? Does all three CRA's accurately represent your credit report? yes, this denial will have some affect on your husband's credit report. Just save, save, and save!!! ;) Before you know it, secured credit card vendors will be sending you "pre-approved" applications!

Good Luck!

-Todd
                        It has been 8 months after BK. We have just had most of our credit reports updated with accurate information. We have $13K saved up in an ING Direct Orange Savings Acct, but we are looking to buy a house in December and we are trying to get our credit reestablished. I have been disputed things on my credit report and I plan on pulling all 3 next month (again) to see if all the errors have been fixed.

We are looking for a secured credit card to start rebuilding our credit. I know US Bank will not approve you if you've had a bankruptcy (I called them), does anyone know of a secured credit card that you won't be denied for? Like Orchard Bank?

Please, any information would be so greatly appreciated.

Comment

Be picky and wait if possible.

As soon as you get your discharge (if not sooner) you will get credit card offers for cards (secured and unsecured) with huge fees like the one that started this thread ( I believe it was $150/year plus a monthly charge). If you can wait for a card, you should. I got all of these offers, and thought they were insane (before BK I had all platinums reward type cards, never paid fees of any kinf other than finance and late fees) I waited, and eventually the same banks offered better cards (higher possible limits, lower fees) ..kept waiting..offers got better. Eventually, Capitol One sent me a pre-approved platinum (only $2000 limit, no rewards, but no annual fee and no maintenance fees). Once I got that one, I used it, and paid in full every month. I waited some more and now all the card offers are for platinum. My wife did the same and got the same results. My theory: they will offer you the worst they have, and if they see you settle for it, they will keep sending you that type of stuff. Be patient, be picky. Life after bankruptcy shouldn't be worse than life before it.

Comment

I applied for a secured credit card through First Premiere, and got approved. They allow you to make $25.00 payments until you have a balance of $200.00, and then they send you the card.

I did my research first.

BTW- I also have completely cleaned up my credit reports- all three! They are all now reporting ALL of my accounts as included in bankruptcy, and I am now on my way to rebuilding credit.

If anyone wants more information on cleaning up credit reports, IM me or email me!
                            BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

I refuse to pay monthly 'maintenance' fees. It's just another way for the cc companies to make an extra buck. I'll stick to paying cash for everything until I can get a card w/no fees.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X