Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FilingOnMyOwn
    replied
    Capital One is much more user friendly then hooters card in my experience. I got the capital one card 1 month discharged, but got declined for the hooters card a couple times before they gave it to me. If I were you I would wait about a month until your orchard card starts to report, then apply for the capital one card. Wouldn't hurt to check up on all 3 of your credit reports in the meantime to make sure they are all completely fixed, because capital one will pull ALL 3 OF THEM.

Leave a comment:

• nessa30
    replied
    Hi filingonmyown,
    when should i apply for a capital one since you suggested it.? I'm trying to wait until the beginning of the year to apply for anything else.Just Curious? Especially since Hooters Mastercard turned me down.

Leave a comment:

• FilingOnMyOwn
    replied
    Originally posted by nessa30 View Post
    Approved for Orchard Bank unsecured, $300.00 limit.!!! I'm satisfied. At first they wouldnt give me one. They was always referring me to the secure card. Now since my First Premier card is reporting it made a difference. I'm on my way!!!!
    Congrats! Now get a capital one card and cancel that first premier.

Leave a comment:

• nessa30
    replied
    Approved for Orchard Bank unsecured, $300.00 limit.!!! I'm satisfied. At first they wouldnt give me one. They was always referring me to the secure card. Now since my First Premier card is reporting it made a difference. I'm on my way!!!!

Leave a comment:

• cr2285
    replied
    Approved for Valero (aka Diamond Shamrock), $400 CL, no annual fee.

Leave a comment:

• amyl
    replied
    I qualified for the Aspire card about 2 weeks after BK was discharged. I was scared at first to get it..but I have had no problems with it. I have had it since Feb 2006.

I pay by check on the internet ((it's free)) but if you pay on a sat and your bill is due that sun it will not post til monday...I have never got a late fee though and they have never reported that I have been late. It has only happened once though.

Leave a comment:

• lostsoul23
    replied
    Originally posted by AMISLANDER
    ....the warning about getting credit cards that you previously bk'd on...and how they can possibly add the old balance onto your new card?

Anyone had any experience with this yet?
    I was told by a BK lawyer that they can do that as long as it is disclosed in the terms & conditions. So if you apply for one and get approved for it, and it's someone you BK'd on before, make sure you read through those terms & conditions to make sure they don't slide that in on you.

Leave a comment:

• robivi3
    replied
    I still have the Aspire card. I h ave had zero problems, down to $50 dollar fee, 2000 limit and no 6.95 pr month showing on the bill. Zerp problems, about two years i've had the card.

Leave a comment:

• krobin02
    replied
    Originally posted by chicago57
    Hi Shygal,

2) First Bankcard, First National Bank of Omaha, p.o. Box 2978, Omaha, NE 68172-9895(Family Merchants Bank (on card)
    Stay away from FNBO!!! They're EVIL! (Personal experience)

Leave a comment:

• FilingOnMyOwn
    replied
    Originally posted by invest1choice
    Is Target red card easier to get approved?
    Yes, if you apply for the target visa and are declined, you will automatically be considered for the red card which has more lenient credit requirements.

Leave a comment:

• AMISLANDER
    replied
    This is the thread with...

....the warning about getting credit cards that you previously bk'd on...and how they can possibly add the old balance onto your new card?

Anyone had any experience with this yet?

Leave a comment:

• dj007
    replied
    To make you feel better :
    I was denied on :

Hooters.....Probably because i included a merrick bank cc with around $3000 in my chapter 7 on 8/2005 and discharged on 01/2006 .

Orchard : I applied on january before my discharge and was approved but had to mail a $39.00 check or mo which i never did.4 to 6 weeks later i call to mail in the mo and they don`t see my application.So i re-apply just to get the secured offer.Also two accounts included in the bankruptcy were store cards from seaman`s $5000 and i belive the other was pcrichard&son $4000 they both were HSBC bank as well as orchard.

Target : Denied

Sam`s club : Denied .....This one after paying at the register in a local sam`s club an paying with my wife card, she gets an offer with $400 approved for a sams/walmart card. and her credit is just like mine or a few score points under,then 10 days later i get a denial letter from sams.But i never applied for ...can that happen

My wife also got aproved from :

Hooters-----$1000
    jc penney----$150
    and sams ---$400

she have for awhile :

aspire---$300.00
    credit one bank -- $150.00

I got none

Probably that will make you feel better hehe

Leave a comment:

• invest1choice
    replied
    My husband applied for capital one and Macy's recently
    I heard they were easy but he was denied....

So far denial on husband :
    Hooters
    Capital one
    Macy's
    Providian
    Orchard

Leave a comment:

• invest1choice
    replied
    Is Target red card easier to get approved?

Leave a comment:

• nessa30
    replied
    Choosing Aspire Visa...

Aspire Visa sent me a card and I'm going to go with them. My monthly payment will be $20.00 a month/ First premier wants me to send a processing fee for $39.00 but didnt send me the card. Contiental Mastercard sent me a card with the same program fees like Aspire and both will give me the $300 limit but Contiental wants you to pay $50.00 a month! I said no matter what everybody says about Aspire I'll go with them and only use it for emergency and as long they report then I'm fine. I have to get my credit score up! Right now it's 539. Plus i have done my research on all of these cards. So we'll see!

BK7 Filed: 10-15-05
    Discharged: 2-22-06
    Closed: 2-22-06
    EQ>587
    EX>517
    TR>607

First Premier: $200.00
    Last edited by nessa30; 09-19-2006, 06:27 AM. Reason: Misspelled

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...