Collection item not on Ch 7 filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection item not on Ch 7 filing

I found out today that I was discharged yesterday. I went ahead and pulled a copy of my Equifax report and noticed that there was a collection item for the cable bill that I forgot to to include on my filing.

Can I go back to the attorney and ask him to add it now? If I do, what will happen? Will they re-open it?

I would just send them a copy of your bankruptcy papers and reference your Cable Account #.

Yes, it is possible, to have your Attorney re-open the case & include the creditor. I believe you Attorney will charge you extra & their will be court fees involved too. But, from what has been stated by several Posters on the Chapter 7 Board is 'All Debts are Discharged' even if you forgot to list one.

You might just shoot an email to your Attorney (if you have his/her email) or call them and ask.

Luci

Comment

I had similar, but your 7 paper will kill it off. After all, you ARE bankrupt. Enjoy your new start and to heck with the cable. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

There is no need. All debts, known or unknown are included in your BK. Just write to the credit bureaus and they will include that item as "discharged in the bankruptcy"
        9/2003 FICO scores TU 498, EX 525, EQ 505 (discharge date)

2/2009 FICO scores TU 749, EX 739, EQ 676

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X