Six months post-discharge must be magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six months post-discharge must be magic

I applied for three credit cards recently and got approved for $1,000 from Hooters and Capital One. They both came in the mail today.

I haven't really been too worried about having a stellar credit score so I've been applying for credit way more freequently than people recommend and just generally messing around.

The weird part is how I applied for the Hooters card two or three other times and got denied until now.

I also got denied for a secured credit card a few months back by TWO banks where I've been a long standing customer. Both denied me even when I had money on deposit to provide as collateral.

My credit scores are still somewhat crappy and I don't care too much. There must be something magic that happens six months after discharge that makes the credit card companies feel better.
    Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Yep, for credit cards, 6 months is about the time you can expect to get offers and actually get accepted.

Comment

Of course they are giving you new cards, you are debt free. 6 months after your discharge and you are just what they are looking for.
      9/2003 FICO scores TU 498, EX 525, EQ 505 (discharge date)

2/2009 FICO scores TU 749, EX 739, EQ 676

Comment

Please don't fall into their trap. They know you can't file again for several years.
        6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
        10/06/2009 Discharged
        01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

The frist rule to obtaining credit is to prove you don't need it.

I've adopted the additude that credit isn't my friend, but the reality is that having a bit more than ZERO credit is valuable in the same way that insurance is.

I'll take care to make sure the privelege isn't abused. This means I'll make sure that the safety net doesn't become a hammock.
          Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

This means I'll make sure that the safety net doesn't become a hammock.

I like that!
            Filed ~ 30March09
            341 Meeting ~ 18May09
            !!!Discharged!!! ~ 20Jul09

Comment

I can believe that. I had just crossed my 6month line and decided to apply for a Cap One card tonight and I got approved amazingly I dont know for how much exactly though. I'm happy because I got nothing but turn downs up until now.
              Date Filed: 8/6/08
              341 Meeting: 9/15/08
              Discharge :11/20/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X