Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems getting checking account?

Hi everyone,
    I filed Chapter 7 in August '08, was discharged in December. I moved recently to California from Michigan, and tried to get a checking account here at Wells Fargo. They will not give me a checking account. Has anyone else had this problem? Luckily I still have a checking in Michigan that I can access easily. I was really surprised they wouldn't give me a checking account. I never had any problems with a checking account, or Wells Fargo, so I don't understand this.

You are probably listed in ChexSystems. You can go online and order a copy of your ChexSystems report. Then you can dispute items if they are incorrect or obsolete (they stay on for 5 years). I've heard there is also a company called EWS (Early Warning Systems) that some banks check too.
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
    341 Meeting: 1/7/09
    Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
    Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Did you apply for a WF product online?

I believe they do a credit score based check if you apply online, you may have better luck going in.

I hate WF, try a different local bank, they will probably gladly open an account for you.

WF begs me to open an account with them every time I cash my paycheck there, I laugh in their face everytime, they charge me a 7.50 to cash my check and I ask them, "Would you open an account at a bank that illegaly charges a fee to cash a Paycheck?"

They never respond, but they still ask.

Comment

From what I am reading on this site I'm not sure I would go with WF anyway.

We just opened up a new bank yesterday with a locally owned bank. We had moved our funds from USAA to US Bank but decided to switch to a completely local one instead.

Comment

I have an account with WF but I opened it right before I filed. When I was there the other day they offered me a second checking account to use for online purchases and I opened it with no problems.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X