top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 weeks post-discharge got a 14.9% CC with no fees!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 weeks post-discharge got a 14.9% CC with no fees!

.....Of course it's secured, but hey, it's a start. Got it from my credit union;$1000 secured and they said I should be able to convert it to unsecured in 8 or 9 months if I use it and pay it on time. Discharged on 6/10 and got approved for the card on 6/27. I plan to use it for small purchases and pay it off every month.

I should mention though, that I've had an account in good standing there for 11 yrs, paid off a car loan with them in the past and didn't have anything with them included in my BK. I also said I'm interested in a car loan within the next month or so and they said it's not out of the question, based on my credit score.
    Filed Ch. 13 w/lien strip- 2/5/09
    Converted to Ch. 7- 2/26/09
    341- 4/8/09
    Trustee's Report of No Distribution filed-4/14/09 ; DISCHARGED and CLOSED!!!-6/10/09

How was your credit score just before filing? I have an 11 month gap between our last payment and filing and have recieved a judgment last month, needless to say I am concerned that will hurt us when trying to restore our credit. We plan to keep our car and mortgage payments, hopefully that will help.

Comment

Yeah, that'll hurt you some. My score was around 680 when I filed. We filed only about 2 months after we stopped paying, so our credit didn't take as big of a hit. It was 570 when the CU approved me for the card. Since then, I've cleaned up a couple of things on the report and it's now 622. It's kind of a trade-off; the longer you go between stopping payment and filing, the worse it is for your credit score, but you get the benefit of saving more money and paying less on accounts that are gonna be discharged anyway.
      341- 4/8/09
      Trustee's Report of No Distribution filed-4/14/09 ; DISCHARGED and CLOSED!!!-6/10/09

Comment

can anyone tell me if i should stop paying the mortgage on a rental property that he trustee will probably try to saell cuz it ha about $40,000 equity in it? what happens to the tenants?

Comment

Originally posted by gowiththeflo View Post
          can anyone tell me if i should stop paying the mortgage on a rental property that he trustee will probably try to saell cuz it ha about $40,000 equity in it? what happens to the tenants?
          You should start your own thread with that question. Maybe justbroke can answer that; I think he has rental property.
          341- 4/8/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X