Gasoline card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasoline card?

My bankruptcy was all discharged in March 2009.
    I am looking to rebuild my credit.

My husband (he was not included in my bankruptcy since all my debts occured many many years before I met him) has good credit. Would it help if I applied for a gas card and had him the co signer?

I am a stay at home mom..domestic goddess..lol so I have no income of my own except for child support. My husband pays the bills and so forth.

I do plan on getting a job BTW

Thanks !!!
    FILED June 30, 2008
    DISCHARGED March 5, 2009
    CLOSED March 20, 2009

I would open up a secured credit card at a credit union.

Comment

Secured cards are easy to get. Essentially they are just taking $500 or so from you as a deposit and granting you "credit" on your own money. Just look at the fees, etc. closely, and insure they are reporting to the three major credit bureaus. Otherwise, there's no point.

Where did you get that picture of my cat?
      Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
      341 Meeting 09/09/09
      Discharged 11/12/09
      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Only my opinion. Why do you wish a CC? You can ride on hubby's for what you need. When married, (again, my opinion) you are one. If your personal credit mean anything to you, why? You are free, other than pride, what do you need? Again, only my opinion. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          Only my opinion. Why do you wish a CC? You can ride on hubby's for what you need. When married, (again, my opinion) you are one. If your personal credit mean anything to you, why? You are free, other than pride, what do you need? Again, only my opinion. 'Hub
          I don't think it's a bad idea, especially for a stay-at-home mom, to establish some credit in her own name. A lot of times we see these situations where the husband has gone on to meet his maker and leaves a wife behind who has no financial track-record of her own; Hasn't had a financial track-record in 20+ years because everything was in husband's name. If she needs to finance a car or refinance the house to get lower interest she finds it next to impossible.

I tell people to think of credit like they would a very potent and addictive drug; oxycodone for example, or a firearm. It has its place. It can be a very effective tool when used as it was intended to be used. But when misused, even slightly, it can cause grave consequences. So, it's not something to be avoided altogether, but rather something to be used only by responsible people and even then, very very carefully.
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

If you want to re-build credit try to apply for capital one credit card, orchard bank and hooters mastercard. they are the most bk friends I know of....GL
            Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X