645 FICO 1 after wk discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

645 FICO 1 after wk discharge

pulled CR today. would you say this a good, average, or not so good FICO 1 wk after discharge? i want to try to improve my credit asap. any advise if its to soon to apply for a cc? i would only use it to autopay my DirecTV and ATT bills that i have anyway, then pay the bal in full ea month.

Originally posted by MrSmithster View Post
    pulled CR today. would you say this a good, average, or not so good FICO 1 wk after discharge? i want to try to improve my credit asap. any advise if its to soon to apply for a cc? i would only use it to autopay my DirecTV and ATT bills that i have anyway, then pay the bal in full ea month.
    In my opinion, that's average for one week post discharge. Did you review your credit report for inaccuracies?

I applied for a CapOne card a month after discharge and was approved; I didn't want to apply any sooner than that and I would advise anyone else the same.
    CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
    341 Meeting 4/7/2009
    Discharged 7/10/2009
    Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

That's pretty good. Mine still isn't at that level but I had really horrible credit before I filed and was in the mid to high 400s and now I'm in the high 500s and low 600s. You will probably have luck getting a Capital One or Orchard card, maybe even Hooters.
      Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
      341 Meeting: 1/7/09
      Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
      Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

most likely your credit score will come wayy down once the bk info hits the bureaus....the reason it might still be at 645 is because it has only been a week since your discharge....in any event my advice would be for you to apply for all the credit cards you can get just in case your score does lower....
          Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

The bankruptcy has already hit the credit reporting agencies. It will hit a day or two after you file. It may take a bit to show your debts as included in bankruptcy with a zero balance, but that usually helps the score... the damage has been done.

My advice would be to not apply for credit just to manipulate a FICO score. If you apply for all of the credit cards you can get, you will have an effect on your score. I would learn not to be quite so concerned with a number, and be more concerned with building a solid financial future. Can anyone tell me where a good FICO score has led to a solid financial future? Making good, sound decisions will do that.
            Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
            Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
            If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

Originally posted by carbk View Post
              in any event my advice would be for you to apply for all the credit cards you can get just in case your score does lower....
              What the ?????

Originally posted by Never_Again
              My advice would be to not apply for credit just to manipulate a FICO score. If you apply for all of the credit cards you can get, you will have an effect on your score.
              Exactly. Don't go applying for all the credit cards you can get your hands on. Every time you apply for a CC there is a hard credit pull and it is recorded on your credit report, which affects your score. And, you'll most likely even get denied for most of the CCs you apply for, making it even worse.

If you need a CC, apply for a CapOne card and leave it at that. Otherwise, make sure your credit report is accurate and give it some time.
              CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
              341 Meeting 4/7/2009
              Discharged 7/10/2009
              Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

I would start with Capital One. We were approved about a month after d/c with no problems.
                4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

A 645 FICO is pretty good for post BK. You will have an easy time getting back to the "700 club".
                  7-2-2009 Filed
                  8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                  10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

yes, my BK did hit my credit as all my accts on my CR show BK discharged. lots of errors also, guess i will start cleaning up my CR before applying for any card. i dont want a good FICO just for the heck of it. i good FICO is tied to good rates. as i mentioned i would only use to autopay bills i already have.
                    Can anyone tell me where a good FICO score has led to a solid financial future? Making good, sound decisions will do that.
                    no, but can you tell me where a bad FICO score has led to a solid financial futrue? i think we would all be happy with both, so please dont be so snarky in your presumtions.

Comment

My advice would be to not apply for credit just to manipulate a FICO score
                      and who applies for credit just to manipulate a FICO score after BK? unless you want your score going down. i think we all understand that appling for cards and being denied lowers(manipulates?) your FICO. guess im missing something...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X